Monday, September 29, 2008

Boy or Girl???

Well, we had another doctor appointment today...I am at 35 weeeks. Glad to say the weight gain wasn't excessive this time and I haven't really cut out too many sweets...so, I think I'll just eat whatever I want these last five weeks :). Everything seems to be coming right along. Dr. Mouer mentioned the baby no longer has his or her head down low, but it isn't a big deal since we still have five weeks to go. He said I'll know when the baby has officially "dropped" because of the pressure I'll feel...like I haven't been feeling this intense pressure for the last couple months?!? I guess it will get more intense...yeah!

So, Dr. Mouer checks the heart rate at every appointment, but we never ask what it is. Well, today Jake asked him what it was. Dr. Mouer had to reposition the baby to get the heart rate (which totally freaked me out - having a doctor looking for your baby's heart beat for more than three seconds can feel like a lifetime). Since the baby was repositioned...it got excited and the heart rate spiked to 180 and then ranged from 155 to 170. So, Dr. Mouer mentioned that back in the day (before ultrasounds) they would predict the baby's sex based on the heart rate. Well, of course I wasn't going to let the conversation die at that point...I wanted to know what he would predict (he doesn't know the sex of the baby either - it is not in our chart)...and he said girl. He said anything below 140 is boy and anything above 140 is girl. He also said he was wrong 50% of the time...so, we are back to are 50/50 odds! Anyway, I had to then check out the Chinese calendar for a prediction and take some silly quiz online for a prediction...both said girl. So, for all of you out there who think it is a boy...you may want to consider switching to the very small team of Jake, my mom, and Jake's dad who say girl. I guess we'll find out soon enough!

We have appointments every week now...it really feels like we could have a baby in no time (but hopefully at least a few more weeks)!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers - we are very blessed by so many loving friends and family. We are most of all blessed by God and His incredible gifts in our lives!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Girl, huh? Oh well....I guess we can love HER just the same. I just wanted you to join the boy club! J/k....a girl would be fun. We shall see soon enough!

Filleman Family said...

really . . . that high of a heart rate - I am changing my prediction! I am so excited for you guys whether boy or girl.

Karla said...

Both Christian and his to be named brother have had heartbeats around 140. Sounds like it's a girl! I will pray that he/most likely she turns. Boy or girl, I'm sure your baby will be beautiful!

mcmomE3 said...

Hey! I found you on here! I just got a blog for my family....it's mcmome3.blogspot.com I hope you and Jake can make it to our second wedding with your baby! That would be so fun!
Love,
Evy

Amberlee said...

I have always thought it was a girl...and am praying for a little friend for Elizabeth...c'mon the boys are overtaking Laveen! but we are excited for you both whatever the baby is...