Monday, September 8, 2008

No Fly Zone...

Well, someone told me the point of the blog is to update it...so, here we go...

So, I am finally done traveling since I just passed the eight month mark. Our doctor explained that I could travel for as long as I wanted, but needed to be prepared to deliver in whatever city I was in after 32 weeks. So, we made the decision to end my travel (which I have been looking forward to for the last eight months). Also, it will be nice to end the stares from people at the airport (they are usually thinking...what is that woman doing flying when she is about to deliver a baby) and the comments..."Really, you still have two more months...are you sure you are not having twins?" or "Wow, you are really big for eight months!". As I was reminded from a friend at church last night, now I have a list of things never to say to a pregnant woman. Anyway, thank you to everyone for your prayers...God has blessed us with a smooth pregnancy and we are extremely grateful to Him.

We are almost done with the nursery and we will post pictures once we are done!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Yes, you DO learn what NOT to say to others! I got a lot of that, too. Someone asked me at church once how many days I had left and I said "Actually I have two more months." Always a great conversation stopper! :)

Jen said...

Yes, it's truly amazing what people say...I got the 'twins' comment A LOT! ;)

Mandy Kershaw said...

Hey Jenn! Glad you joined the blog-mania! I'm surprised you're getting comments because you look great! Just shows how ignorant people really are. My favorite comment was from my last pregnancy. I was out with my two kids and stopped to talk with a fellow pregnant lady who was with her two kids. She said, "You look like me." I said, "yeah, I was thinking the same thing" (which was true since she looked like she had about two months left like me and with two kids in tow like me). She said, "Oh! So you're having twins too?" That comment took the wind out of my sails like no other! :)

MommySecrets said...

HOORAY for no more working out of town!!

Sorry about the no-more-treats rule. I understand your pain, as I love sugar as much as you do!