Monday, October 6, 2008

The Final Month...

We have crossed into the final month of pregnancy. I believe it has gone by really fast and cannot believe we are already here...I have completely forgotten about throwing up until I was 20 weeks or what it feels like to wear pants with zippers!

I had my first really craving last week (like I really had to have it feeling)...it was an ICEE. For those of you who know me...I am a sugar freak (our child is bound to be addicted to sugar since I didn't give it up during pregnancy)...well, last Thursday I had to have an ICEE. So, I stopped at a very scary Circle K on Baseline on my way home because I had to have an ICEE (thinking about my safety was not at the top of this list)...well, of course the machines weren't working. So, I called Jake and asked him to get me one on his way home. He stopped at Chevron - they don't sell them and he stopped at Valero and their machines weren't working either. He said we would go back after dinner. So, we went back to Valero and the machines still weren't working...Jake suggested Sonic, but I needed an ICEE. We went to Burger King because I remember they use to sell them, but they no longer do. So, we drove down 51st Avenue until we found a Circle K (luckily, it was only a couple miles). They had them (not my favorite flavors, but still an ICEE) and it was the best ICEE I have ever had. Thanks to my wonderful husband for being so patient with me and driving all around Laveen for an ICEE.

We had a doctor appointment this morning and met with the midwife (Dr. Mouer is out) for my 36 week appointment. We assumed that I would be "checked", but she didn't do it - she said if I really wanted to be "checked" then I could be, but she doesn't normally "check" her patients - she said it is uncomfortable and it doesn't really tell you anything. She said I could be dilated three centimeters and stay that way for the next month, or I could be at nothing and have the baby tonight. It worked for me...we'll see what Dr. Mouer does next week. She said I am measuring at 37 weeks, so one week ahead of schedule and the baby's head is down (Jake got to feel the head from my belly...it was a highlight for him). She also guessed that the baby is a little under seven pounds right now and I have a lot of fluid (that was a relief to hear...so, we are not having a 15 pound baby). So, now for the heart rate info...baby's heart rate was in the 130s today. So, the guessing continues...

Praise God for His creation! We thank God for continuing to keep us both healthy!

7 comments:

Theresa said...

I love the ICEE story and was visualizing you driving through the hood looking for one, and getting out of your car each time...nice! Come on, baby Saylor! You have us all in suspense! :)

Amy said...

Ah, baby boy Saylor. So excited...he's gonna love his room.

The Noland Family said...

How funny!!! well I am glad you finally found your ICEE!!
Such a blessing to hear you are doing well. I know this doesn't help but Gracelyn's heart rate would jump into the 40's and then dip down into the 30's which is where is has remained the last month :)
I think it is going to be a girl but that is just me hoping for a girlfriend for little Gracie! Can't wait to meet baby!!!

nursebecca21 said...

I'm so glad to hear that the pregnancy is going along so well...the ICEE story was very entertaining...I remember when Sharon was pregnant with Bella...she used to always get cravings for grape juice! Anyway, so sorry I missed the shower! I hope you had fun and liked the gift! Can't wait to see you and your little one! ;) Oh, and the nursey looks really cute!

McCurdy Family said...

Very excited for baby to join us! If it is a boy can we have an arranged marriage with Jaye?? :) It would just save both of them a lot of trouble down the road.

Jeremy and Mindy said...

What flavor was the ICEE? The only good one is the coke flavor. :)

Filleman Family said...

130's !!! What are you doing to me? I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and switch back to boy. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a little girl with a low HR. I'm ready to find out - feel free to deliver any day now. Monday is good for me and then you are officially full term right?