Thursday, October 30, 2008

One Week Down...A Million More to Go...


Well, our little guy is one week old today. It is crazy how fast time flies by. We are so in love. He is very sweet and we are blessed to have him. We have really learned a lot this past week and thought we would share some things...


God is so faithful to answer our prayers...no matter how big or small. Seeing the strength of our spouses during this time is amazing...I couldn't have a more wonderful husband (seriously). Sleeping is so overrated...think of all the things I could have gotten done in the last 10 years knowing now that I can run off of only four hours of sleep of night. We laugh thinking we spend all this time washing Hugh's clothes in "special" detergent only to put him on our clothes, our sheets, our pillows, etc. Who would have thought I would say, "It is just a little pee, I don't think the sheets need to be changed." (my husband doesn't share this same mindset) Thank goodness for late night tv...I can see why people have tvs in their rooms. Learning that laughing is the best thing when you are up at 3AM as your baby poos on you...the joys of parenting. Can a child sleep in their swing forever? Glad to know we spent all this money on a crib that our baby doesn't want to sleep in. Breastfeeding...probably not appropriate for a blog post (but I know a lot of women can relate). Learning that parenting is the most rewarding experience God could ever give us and we are so blessed to be Hugh's parents.


So far, the week has been wonderful, tiring, emotional...you name it. Hugh is doing great (after the circumcision and all). He is still a little jaundice, but the doctors believe he is moving in the right direction. We are going to miss Jake like crazy when he goes back to work next week and we know he will miss us too. We are so thankful for our amazing family who have been so supportive of us and desire to serve us. We praise God everyday for all of His incredible blessings!

6 comments:

Jen said...

The pictures are so adorable! I can't believe how alert he looks already. I can't wait to meet him!!! :)

Amy said...

Oh, that little pumpkin! I can't wait to snuggle him today!

Brandie said...

Congratulations!

We are all super excited for you!!!!

Brandie (Jeff, Ella and Abby)

Hopefully, we can meet Hugh soon.

AprilJ said...

He's changing already! He's a beaut :) I think one of those looks like Jake. At birth, he looked all Johnson. Think of the fun all us girls could have blogging on breastfeeding...... hang in there! Don't you remember what a basket case I was when you and Jake came out when Kara was born?!?!

Theresa said...

He is adorable! I have to agree with April; I see Jake in him more now and not as much Eli, BUT time will tell......:+)

nursebecca said...

Aww...Hugh is looking cuter and cuter every day! I love the pics and hearing about your experiences as new parents...keep on laughing and enjoying your experiences together! Love you :)