Monday, October 20, 2008

Welcome to 38 Weeks! Bags are Packed, I'm Ready to Go...

Another Monday and no baby yet...so, we had another doctor appointment. I am 38 weeks per my due date and 39 weeks and three days per my ultrasound date. So, Dr. Mouer decided to "check" me today. Let me tell you - that was a pleasant experience. So, he said I was barely dilated to one centimeter and haven't thinned out at all. It is amazing how much they can tell from being "checked" - obviously, I won't go into any further details. So, we don't really take much from that information and Dr. Mouer said we shouldn't take too much from it. He goes back to this baby will come when this baby will come...we agree 100% and trust in God to bring this little one to us on His timing. So, we sit and wait for this baby. So, what about the heart rate? Well, we heard the heart beat for a second, but Dr. Mouer didn't get a heart rate read because he took it very quickly. We completely understood why he took it so quickly and we don't need to know the rate...just always like to hear it. So, we'll see if I post an update at 39 weeks!

Jake finally got his wish and we packed our bags for the hospital. Well, I should say I packed for the night and Jake packed for the week. He is very prepared for the baby...no matter the temperature or the situation...Jake has the right outfit to wear. I love my husband so much and think it is so cute that he wants to be so ready for this baby. I should not make fun of him, but I cannot help it! I love you, Jake!

Thank you all for your prayers! God continues to bless this pregnancy in keeping us both very healthy. We are excited to welcome this little one into our family!

6 comments:

Amy said...

He'll be here my friend, he'll be here.

AprilJ said...

Enjoy your last nights of semi-uninterrupted sleep!! And I'm proud of you for packing bags... I always had to rely on Clayton to bring stuff to the hospital for me (not recommended, though I'm sure Jake would be a little better at that task). Love you guys!

The Noland Family said...

Isn't changing our blogs for fall so fun :)
So I have to admit that I checked your blog 3742757 times yesterday waiting for an update?! I guess I have a LOT of time on my hands... for now ;)
Well good to hear that you are getting there. Thankfully you are not COMPLETELY tired of being pregnant... I am the same way though I am sure you and I will soon change our minds!
Well we will keep each other updated I am sure! Hang in there.. soon we will be holding our precious bundles!!

Love you guys!

Theresa said...

Okay, a word of encouragement #1...ENJOY YOUR HUSBAND while it's just the two of you...#2 Enjoy sleeping whenever you want...#3 ENJOY YOUR LIFE because once that baby's here, there's no turning back...sounds negative, but it's not supposed to be. He or she will be here before you know it! :)

Amy G :) said...

Can't wait and hope you are getting some sleep in between bathroom breaks. Totally understand Jake's OCD; it must be a Saylor thing!! Love you both~

Amberlee said...

cannot wait to meet HER...:) of course watch i'll be wrong, but i am so excirted for these last few days of peace, quiet and calm for you both...but man the chaos is something you come to treasure! Just wait until you have slobbery kisses, grubby hand hugs...and a whole lote of owies to kiss and suddenly make better...priceless. Hang in there!