Thursday, November 20, 2008

Getting BIG!!!


First, praise God for our little boy, Hugh - God hears our pleas and answers us. We serve an amazing Lord! Second, thanks to everyone for reading the blog - I love posting to the blog and appreciate everyones kind words of support. We are fortunate to have so many friends and family that love us.


Well, our little boy is four weeks old! I cannot believe it. Jake reminded me last night that four weeks ago, I was pushing to deliver Hugh - still too early to have those memories (kidding). However, it is crazy to think it has already been four weeks. So, what did week four bring? Well, it brought an amazing lactation consultant who helped me immensely with breast feeding. Hugh has been doing so much better and we are so excited. It also brought the "brest friend" - it is a breast feeding pillow and it is awesome! It brought a loss of hair to Hugh on top of his head - it took Jake 25 years to lose it (I love you husband!) and 25 days for Hugh! The crib has been brought back into Hugh's life along with a noise machine...everyone loves to hear the stream running. He has been doing so much better with the crib and we are very fortunate. I am not going to go into details yet because I don't want to have the curse of the blog (i.e., I type about the success on the blog and it never happens again!). It brought me doing something I swore I would never do as a parent - I picked his nose! I know it is gross, but it helped him breathe! It has brought more outings (in the last month Hugh has enjoyed his cousin's dinner party, time at Grandma's house, time at Uncle Troy and Aunt Melissa's house, and time at the Caruso Farm - still no love for the car seat (please pray for Thanksgiving - over an hour in the car...one way!). What else? Well, it has brought me to my knees continuously before God - we pray all the time...we know we can't do this alone. It has made me love our little boy more and more everyday...especially the times at 2:30AM (and I already miss the last four weeks). It has made me appreciate the little things more and more (showers, putting on make-up, cooking, typing with two hands, running errands, etc.). It has made me appreciate family and friends - especially my wonderful husband (father of the year)!


Also, we want to praise God for Hugh's jaundice (which is almost gone) and Hugh's growth - he weighs 9lbs. 1oz. now...gained 20oz. in two weeks! So, he is definitely getting enough to eat and is well on his way to being our chubby baby! Thanks to everyone for their prayers - we love you all!

8 comments:

AprilJ said...

I was thinking this morning how amazing it is that he's a month old already. Sounds like things are going well at the Saylor house :) Before you know it, he'll be trashing his bedroom with friends like Clay did today. He's sure a cutie. Love you guys.

Jeremy and Mindy said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going better. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Mindy

Cristina said...

He looks great and so big! I enjoyed hearing about your experience last night. How did Jake do alone with baby?

Melissa said...

I love the pic of Jake and Hugh, to sweet. You are doing great, I have seen him a lot this week and I would summarize week #4 as Hugh is pretty much perfect. He is such a sweet guy, so baby wise. :)

Amy said...

Praise God that He is drawing you to Him during hard times, that is what I wish I would've done more of instead of being hysterical! :) He is such a handsome little guy and I love the hair crack. At least Jake shaves it off!!!!

mcmomE3 said...

Oh my gosh! Jenn, I have the same overall outfit that you have on Hugh (in the first picture) waiting for Landon to wear. They could've been twins with the same outfit. I especially like the picture of him and Jake sleeping together. I can't wait to take pictures like that of Daniel and Landon together!

Brooke said...

Hi there fellow "I said I'd never do this" Mom. :-) Amazing how the reality is so different from what we planned. It's so encouraging to read/hear about your experiences! As for the carseat, Luca has never been a huge fan either. One thing I've found that helps is if I crack the window that's next to her. The "white noise" seems to soothe her. Of course, this only works if your going over 50mph. If Hugh likes his noise machine, maybe this would help his car rides? Will be praying for you!

nursebecca21 said...

I love all the pics and I'm so glad to hear that the breastfeeding is going better! Can't wait to see you guys on Thanksgiving! Love you!