Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!



Our little guy is just over five weeks now...I cannot believe it! He is starting to look so big and I am already getting nervous about him getting married and leaving his Momma (I know, I know...I have a long way to go..., but we are already praying for his future spouse). So, we celebrated our first major holiday with Hugh - Thanksgiving. As you all know, he hates his car seat and we have been praying (and praying and praying) for good rides in the car seat...well, it wasn't perfect, but he didn't cry the entire time for the rides...only about 50%. Praise God! We also praise God for the times when he does cry since we know he is alive! We have also started to mock him a little when he is screaming in the car seat - we cry back (I know, we are so mature...but sometimes it is so funny). We are still working on consistent sleeping...still likes to be awake all of the time. He is so alert and so strong - he amazes me already. And this morning, he rolled himself over from his stomach to his back! He tries to army crawl when he has tummy time...very active...already looking forward to the toddler years! He smiled at Daddy (I am very jealous - we work on that everyday!). What else is new this week? Well, Hugh found his thumb at his Gramma's house, but he hasn't found it again - it was so cute (I wish I had a picture). He loves bath time with Daddy - loves it...he calms down as soon as he gets in the tub (he has loved this for weeks, but I forgot to blog about it). He still hasn't decided whether he loves swaddling or not...we'll see. He also sat in his swing for almost 45 minutes this morning...we were able to get so much done! Most of all, he met lots of new family members and he loved it...so many cousins, uncles, aunts, extended family...all wonderful! His cousin Anna Kate is super cute and hearing her say "Baby Hugh" is so sweet. He will love playing with them all one day.


Thanksgiving was great and we have some really cute pictures of our "Little Turkey" that I will post later this week. We enjoyed spending time with all of our family. Funny thing from Thanksgiving - we have been trying to figure out who he looks like (yes, I know it is Jake - the Saylor genes have overpowered the Johnson genes, which is surprising...have you seen Eli!)...anyway, we ask Eli and he says, "Jake." and when asked why - "because of his hair." It was very cute!

We are so blessed by God's grace and his patience. I was reminded of 1 Corinthians 10:31 this week, "...whatever you do, do all unto the glory of God." This was and is a great verse for me to mediate on when parenting Hugh...do all things unto the glory of God. We continue to thank of all of our friends and family for their prayers and support - thanks to Dan and Peggy for letting us go on our first alone date this past week...it was very nice. We hope everyone is doing well!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

He is such a cute baby...and growing so fast. Enjoy EVERY moment-I say this with a lump in my throat! ;)

AprilJ said...

We miss you guys!! Hugh is getting so big... and he's gorgeous!

The Noland Family said...

OKay so my mac doesn't let me send you pictures ... I am going to try David's computer and hopefully I can get them to you!
If that doesn't work then I can always put them on a disk!

I hope you are having a wonderful tuesday!
P.s. While David and I were in California we got your little guy something! I think David is going to bring it with him when he has lunch with Jake!

Cristina said...

I love that Very Hungry Caterpillar outfit!

Jeremy and Mindy said...

I love that picture of him in the bath! If he likes baths so much I think I would have him in it most of the day. (This is why I am not a parent.)

Also, you look great! Thanks for keeping the blog updated. I love reading it.

Mindy

P.S. Do you have a personal email you are using right now?