Friday, November 7, 2008

What We Learned in Week Two...


It was a big week for us all...we are learning new things everyday. So, what did we learn this week?

We learned that Hugh added a new phase to Babywise...eat, wake, "cry", sleep. He really struggles with transitioning to sleep, but we are working on it. Hugh learned he has a new best friend (and Mommy's best friend too) - see him with the "paci" below. He learned he will take a bottle...not all the time, but when he is hungry he will take what he can get. He has learned to sleep in his crib...all naps and at night (praise God for sleep positioners!). He cannot decide if he likes his car seat, stroller, or swing yet...we are working on this as well. He knows that he loves to be held, cuddled, and loved...and we love to do all of these things!


What have I learned? Well, I love being a mom...but I have so much to learn. I have learned that pumping is not fun. I have learned to reenter the human world...very slowly. I have learned I can leave Hugh and he will be okay (left him with my mom yesterday to run some errands). I have learned to use the time I have wisely (well, not really...Facebook can be so addicting). I have learned that my husband is so wonderful. I have learned that our family and friends are so amazing and so giving. I have learned that we are surrounded by a church family that loves us and desires to serve us. I have learned Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." I continue to learn God's grace and mercy in my life - He is amazing!

Thanks to you all for your prayers! We love you all!

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Hi guys- seems you are doing a fantastic job at adjusting at this parenting thing. I particularly love the photo of him sleeping, he looks so beautiful, so peaceful. would you please let me know how things are going meals wise? Will you need anymore after Monday the 10th?

Anonymous said...

um throw out babywise...it is not researched at all. pediatricians and experts in human development know that it is not well researched and you miss out on necessary attachment and listeing/responding to your baby's cues.

http://www.ezzo.info/Aney/aneyaap.htm

Filleman Family said...

That last picture is PRECIOUS! I can't wait to see that little guy tonight. He has already changed so much.

Aunt April said...

He's such a cutie! Babywise worked for us. You can work it out for yourselves, however that looks. You guys are doing a great job! We can't wait to meet him. Keep the pictures coming.