Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Tag...

I stalk people's blogs as well (April - you are not alone)...so, I thought I would do this as well while waiting for Hugh to eat (wishing I could strap the nuk to his head!).

1. Wrapping paper or bags? Paper and ribbon...I loved wrapped gifts!
2. Real or artificial tree? We have a fake tree (thanks to Melissa and Troy), but Jake always wishes for a real tree...not going to happen.
3. When do you put of the tree? Normally, the day after Thanksgiving. Jake loves to do it and he has sucked me in. I grew up in a house that put the Christmas tree up on Christmas Eve.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after the New Year.
5. Do you like Eggnog? No...reminds me of sweet rice (sorry Melissa, I had to do it).
6 Favorite gift received as a child? Nothing comes to mind...I love stocking gifts.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Troy and Melissa Johnson - they drive me crazy. And, oh yes...we have to buy for one of them this year...lucky us!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom or Jake's parents...we are very generic.
9. Do you have a nativity? Yes...a small one we got in Europe.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...need to start working on my Xmas letter now.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure. However, I have to echo Michelle on her comment...Melissa and April, my mom started crying when I told her. Kidding, but she does read our blogs!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not sure.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes - just gift cards.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chex mix and toffee
16. Lights on the tree? Yes - white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Joy to the World and Last Christmas by Wham (I really, really love that song.)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home...well, in a car for half the day. We love it!
19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Santa isn't real and neither are his reindeer.
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Mary and the Baby Jesus
21. Open present on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Nothing...I am sure my kids will drive me nuts in the future with "I want this and I want that...", but for now...Hugh doesn't speak.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We get ornaments from every place we vacation...I love this tradition.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I like Melissa's egg dishes and am super excited for Christmas brunch this year on the 26th!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Sleep...kidding (no - seriously). Enjoying our first Christmas with our new son, Hugh and spending time with family.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I don't know.
27. Who is least likely to respond? I don't know.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Amy said...

that reminds me that I have recycled gift cards - the tricky part is making sure you give the one that you have'nt spent all but $1.38 on...true story. Whatever, it's my ungrateful brother in law.

Melissa said...

DUDE you sold me out to your mom!!! I didn't put her NAME on my blog and she would have NEVER remembered that she gave me that, so that is THE ONLY reason I put that on there. And as for your comment on my blog, as I explained to your oldest brother just the other day, I am sure it was fun the few years you got to make fun of me for MY age; but now I have the REST OF OUR LIVES to make fun of you guys for your ages!! IDK... what is that noise??? Oh yeah it is 30 knocking!! You will have to tell me how it feels to leave you 20's, :) I am still basking in the final year of my MID 20's. ;) LOL 143!!

The Noland Family said...

Cute! I love this! I think I just might have to do one of these in between getting my thank you notes out and starting out Christmas letters... decorating the house and shopping for Christmas presents!!
Well I think you will very much like the little present we got you! You will have to let me know what you think :)

Filleman Family said...

okay . . seriously Melissa's comment SO FUNNY!! LOL AND 143 awesome!!

I too was wishing there was a contraption that would hold my son's nuk in his mouth tonight - you have free time right ?!? invent that would you :)

Mandy Kershaw said...

The Wham song? Really? Every year they play it over and over and over again and I'm always left wondering why the Christmas station plays songs with the word "christmas" in it when it has nothing to do with the actual holiday. Oh well. Otherwise, I love Wham and was a huge George Michael fan growing up.

I hope you are gifted with lots of sleep for Christmas!