I stalk people's blogs as well (April - you are not alone)...so, I thought I would do this as well while waiting for Hugh to eat (wishing I could strap the nuk to his head!).
1. Wrapping paper or bags? Paper and ribbon...I loved wrapped gifts!
2. Real or artificial tree? We have a fake tree (thanks to Melissa and Troy), but Jake always wishes for a real tree...not going to happen.
3. When do you put of the tree? Normally, the day after Thanksgiving. Jake loves to do it and he has sucked me in. I grew up in a house that put the Christmas tree up on Christmas Eve.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after the New Year.
5. Do you like Eggnog? No...reminds me of sweet rice (sorry Melissa, I had to do it).
6 Favorite gift received as a child? Nothing comes to mind...I love stocking gifts.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Troy and Melissa Johnson - they drive me crazy. And, oh yes...we have to buy for one of them this year...lucky us!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom or Jake's parents...we are very generic.
9. Do you have a nativity? Yes...a small one we got in Europe.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail...need to start working on my Xmas letter now.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not sure. However, I have to echo Michelle on her comment...Melissa and April, my mom started crying when I told her. Kidding, but she does read our blogs!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Not sure.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes - just gift cards.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chex mix and toffee
16. Lights on the tree? Yes - white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Joy to the World and Last Christmas by Wham (I really, really love that song.)
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home...well, in a car for half the day. We love it!
19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Santa isn't real and neither are his reindeer.
20. Angel on the tree top or star? Mary and the Baby Jesus
21. Open present on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Nothing...I am sure my kids will drive me nuts in the future with "I want this and I want that...", but for now...Hugh doesn't speak.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We get ornaments from every place we vacation...I love this tradition.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I like Melissa's egg dishes and am super excited for Christmas brunch this year on the 26th!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Sleep...kidding (no - seriously). Enjoying our first Christmas with our new son, Hugh and spending time with family.
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? I don't know.
27. Who is least likely to respond? I don't know.
Family 2011 Memories
5 months ago