Friday, December 5, 2008

Mission Accomplished!


Well, I cannot believe it, but Hugh is six weeks old! He is getting so big and starting to lose his newborn look. He also grew out of newborn diapers and some of his newborn outfits...like the one he wore home from the hospital (see below - it fit him like knickers...yes, I am a little sad). He is getting so big, but still looks very small next to his cousin, Logan, who is a tank.


This week has been a bit of a challenge. I think I ate something too spicy for Hugh (no food is too spicy for me...I was really hoping my son would be born "spicy") and nursing has been a battle this week, but it is getting better now. Also, sleeping continues to be a challenge for our little one. He has decided that his 2AM/3AM feeding time is "wake" time, which is a little tough for me. We are going to keep working on it...I guess I don't have a choice. Also, we are still working on the naps...he hates going to sleep...doesn't want to miss a thing. I swear he doesn't get more than eight to ten hours of sleep a day. I am sure our second born child will be a sleeper. He loves his wake time...playing on his mat and rolling over, staring at the Christmas tree, going for walks, spending time (limited time) in his swing, etc. So, how are the car trips? Well, they are getting a lot better...praise God. We actually went to Walmart and he did great - slept the entire time in his car seat. Funny story - so, I went to Walmart (of course, I look terrible...I am at Walmart, not a fashion show) and I buy electronics...so, the guy asked to see my id. I show him my id and he says, "Is that you?" (I actually have a decent picture for my license.), which I reply with, "Yes, before children...ring me up." So, I must look really, really bad when I leave the house. Anyway, I am glad that Hugh did so well on our first outing together (yes, it took me six weeks to leave the house with him alone).

I have learned that my prayer life has increased 100% since having Hugh - my dependence upon God is every second of everyday...a little sad that it took having Hugh for me to see this. God is so faithful to answer our prayers...He is so incredibly good to us and we are so blessed. Hugh and I studied Philippians this week and really spent time on Phil. 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." I tend to be anxious and do not wait on God, this verse definitely hit home this week.


We hope everyone is doing well. Thanks to everyone for your love and prayers. We love you all!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Jenn! Don't despair over the 3am wake time. Luca did exactly the same thing for about a week. It's hard to reason with an infant isn't it? Nightime=Sleep. :-) I can't believe he's already six weeks old! He's so so cute.(And I think Luca was almost 7wks before I took her out by myself, so well done!)

Jason and Lisa said...

Eli did the same thing with the PARTY at 3am and the not wanting to nap BUT it was okay and we figured out what worked for us. Hugh will get what you want him to do eventually.

AprilJ said...

I used to watch old Brady Bunch reruns during the 3AM party at our house. I got so sucked in that I was a tiny (VERY TINY) bit disappointed when the party ended (as it always does) that I wouldn't see my old friends the Brady's on a regular basis :)

Theresa said...

He is so cute, Jenn. Soon (maybe not really soon) you will forget the sleep-deprived nights and actually want another baby...it's crazy how that works! :) That IS definitely the hard part to me.

Melissa said...

He IS getting SO big. It is cool that you do this every week, you can see how one weeks "struggles" are answered by God's sweet grace. So from reading your whole blog and seeing all of Hugh's successes we know the middle of the night play time will end. :) He is precious!!
Dude- by Theresa's comment I would extend her an invitation and key to my house, any time she misses a baby have her take that feeding!! :)
Also just curious, what were you buying from Walmart that they wanted to see your ID I know your blood line Jenn, but wine from Walmart? And it better not be hard liquor, you can't start drinking that until at least the 3rd born! OR if you have 2 kids and your husband goes MIA to Florida for 6 months- right A? :)

Jeremy and Mindy said...

Hugh is such a cute little boy! I love all the outfits that you have him in. Congratulations on the successful outing together. And I think that you look great! (When I went to a club with Jeremy and my sister over Thanksgiving they waved me through and then stopped them to ID at the door. I am sure it was because I was too hot to even question whether I was of age.) :)

AprilJ said...

True 'dat.