Friday, December 19, 2008

So in Love!


Well, our little guy is two months old! We are so in love with this little one. He is so sweet and we are so blessed to have him in our lives. We cannot imagine our lives without him now (however, I can still imagine an uninterrupted night of sleep)!

So, what has reaching the second month brought us? Well, it brought two new motorized pieces of equipment thanks to family and friends. We will try whatever we can to get a few afternoon naps in the day (without them being in Mama's arms). It also brought some firsts...the first time pooping in the tub with Daddy (Hugh did the pooping and Jake freaked out...I have been waiting for this...I have been pooped on more times than I can count, but Jake has never experienced the joy...until this week); his first time rolling off the couch (yes, I felt like the worst mom ever...he is fine (praise God), but it was quite a scare (I think more for me...thanks to all the moms who let me know I wasn't alone with this experience and all of their kids survived); he is growing his hair back (just Hugh...not Jake); his first gingerbread house party; his first time running errands in the Bjorn with Mama (my back is still killing me); his first Christmas party with our church small group; and it has brought a lot of first time wearing new outfits (how does a child have so many clothes...I need to make sure he wears everything at least once). We also started a new routine...breast, bottle, pump. He is really starting to wean himself from the breast, which I am finally okay with him doing. The shields didn't really work for us, which I was fine with because they were a hassle. So, now we have our system and we no longer battle. He is getting formula and breast milk...and guess what...he is still surviving! I will continue to pump for as long as I can...or until the pain becomes so unbearable that I cut off my breasts! Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support during this process. We take one day at a time!


I (like I am sure many others...or at least I tell myself other people do this) am addicted to blogs...blogs of people I know, blogs of people I maybe know, and blogs or people I definitely don't know. So, I started reading a blog of someone Jake went to NAU with (Krista) and from her blog I started reading other people's blogs. Well, these blogs are so encouraging and I felt so fortunate to find them. One of the blogs pointed to Ps. 120:1, "In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me." This verse was such a great reminder to me...I spend every 4AM feeding with Hugh praying for him or praying for someone...it has been such a sweet time and such an incredible blessing to see the Lord answer our prayers in His timing and His way. I also read a post from another blog reminding me of Ps. 127:3, "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him." The blog was about remembering to find joy in your children, because they truly are a gift from God...even when they drive you crazy! I know this time will go by so fast and I know Hugh is the best Christmas gift we could ever have this year! Thanks to so many women who blog...I really thought I would never enjoy blogs this much, but I am hooked!

So, I am thinking about trying to cut off the 4AM feeding...he barely nurses and won't take a bottle, but he still gets up. I think he is programmed to get up at this time everyday. It is tough because I love this time of prayer and being with him, but it would be nice to have more uninterrupted sleep. We put him down around 10:30PM and he wakes up at 4AM, goes back down at 4:30AM, and then wakes up at 6AM. I take him in bed with him (do not feed him) and he gets up between 8AM and 9AM...my boy loves himself a lazy morning! We'll see what happens...maybe he'll just stop doing it.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for your love and support. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas! We are so excited to celebrate the birth of Christ this season!

6 comments:

AprilJ said...

I'm a total blog lurker.. I am always afraid people can track my coming and goings and will block me!

Psalm 121 "I lift my eyes to the hills, where does my help come from?..." it has a whole new meaning living here and I find myself lifting my eyes to the hills a lot more often and more literally.

We're going to miss you guys next week even more than usual.

Jeremy and Mindy said...

I am really glad to hear that Hugh is doing fine. It was so good to see you this week. You are doing great and your home is beautiful and full of love.

I am also addicted to blogs. I can not wait until Jeremy and I have kids because I want to blog too!

Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

He looks so big. You are a great mama!! :) I can't believe he is two months old, it is going by very fast! At his rate he is going to be crawling in like 4 months or less! Crazy?!?!?

Amy said...

Um, April, I do have a tracker so yes, they are out there! :) Jenn, Hugh is just too much for me! So stinking cute! Glad you are finding out for you what works and doesn't. :)

Filleman Family said...

the hair comment made me laugh out loud. poor jake. we had pictures taken for Christmas and mark decided his hair line was receding. . . dramatic.

Cristina said...

About the part were you write that your children are a gift from the Lord and you must enjoy them... I can testify that in the midst of dealing with my four year old I have discovered my own share of sin and how my responses to his sin had so much impact in our whole family... so definetely they are a gift from the Lord in many more ways than we can imagine. I am thankful that my son has elicited the work of the HS in my life... keep at it, you are doing great!