Sunday, January 25, 2009

He Survived...And So Did I.


Well, we have passed the three month mark and we don't know how Hugh can get any cuter! He is such a sweet, little guy. We are so fortunate to have him. So, I went back to work this week...and it wasn't too bad. I did shed some tears on the ride in on Tuesday (I didn't break down in front of Hugh...I needed to be strong for him..ha), but overall it was fine. I enjoy the people I work with and the work I do, so it is the best possible situation right now. Hugh was great for my mom, which was a huge answer to prayer (not that I thought he would freak out, but you never know). It made it much easier to leave him knowing that he was in good hands. I loved coming home to him...I could barely wait to run inside the house to see him and his smiles...so sweet. We love this little guy so much - we love to snuggle with him in the morning, we love his smiles all day, we love how he'll talk to us, we love how sometimes he looks at us like we are crazy (we probably are), we love his big forehead (our Cro-Magnon), we love how he gets the biggest smile on his face after he goes poo - like it is the biggest accomplishment ever, we love how he is patient with us and trusts us...we just love getting to be with him everyday.


So, what did week thirteen bring (besides me going back to work)...it brought his first giggles...it has only happened a couple of times (and only for Jake...of course, why would he giggle for his Mama who has been waiting for this for weeks), but it is so cute...I cannot wait to hear it again; it has brought a lot of drool...all the time; it has brought the love of his hands...in his mouth any chance he gets - I don't think he'll just limit his sucking to his thumb...he is going to bring in the rest of the piggies; it brought the tasting of fruit (I was gone and Jake let him lick frozen blueberries...he liked them); it has brought a very stubborn side with resisting the pacifier...we have seen this with the bottle, but now he fights the pacifier; it brought the first time in the Bumbo chair (not sure how much he was into it, but he sat in it)...so, we busted out the toys...not really into those yet; it brought his first trip to Flagstaff, the snow, and Uncle Jared's house. Overall, it was a busy week and it was a lot of fun. We are still battling with the bottle...we think it gets better and then it gets bad again...oh, well. He is growing and I shouldn't freak out about it...easier said than done. This weekend we pretty much let him eat all day long...yes, I know, I am creating the best habits...well, he is our boy and we'll be the ones to deal with it...sometimes you do what you gotta do.



We are so blessed to be the parents of this little boy and we see God's goodness constantly. We are amazed at God's goodness even when things don't seem to be that great...when we find out our house was used as a paintball target (yes, green...awesome) - God is still good; when we find out we may owe more than our house is worth - God is still good; when we have to go back to work - God is still good; when we have a President that we may not agree with - God is still good. We know that even when our circumstances may not be exactly what we thought they were going to be, God is still good and is still sitting in His throne. We are so blessed to serve an amazing God who is so patient and loving with us even when we are not good. We place our hope and trust in God...not in man.


Thank you to everyone for your prayers - we are appreciate you all. We love you all and hope you are doing well!

7 comments:

Jen said...

I can't believe the picture of Hugh in the Bumbo...he's getting so big! :)

I love the family picture at the end!

Melissa said...

Seriously, I can't believe that either, he does look old. I can't believe how he is. Very cute pics!! Yeah for teething!!

Jeremy and Mindy said...

That is a great family picture! Glad to hear that going back to work wasn't so bad.

Brooke said...

Yep, awesome family pic! I love Bumbo babies! Wait until he figures out how much fun it is to chew on. ;-) It's like watching a baby contortionist show!

AprilJ said...

What a great weekend away! He's a cutie.. we can't wait to see him.

Amy said...

Cutie boy...love the pics.:)

Theresa said...

I always say this but he is SO CUTE!