Sunday, January 18, 2009

It is Time.


Well, Hugh has reached twelve weeks! He is such a big boy. And now that Hugh has reached twelve weeks, it is time for me to go back to work. I have known for the last twelve weeks that this week would arrive, but it didn't make it any easier. It has been an emotional week...it is hard to leave him, but it is only for two days a week and our moms will be watching him...so, I cannot complain. God has blessed me with a flexible employer and gracious moms that are able to watch him at our home while I work...we couldn't ask for a better situation. So, I am sure the tears will come again on Tuesday and Hugh will look at me like I am crazy, but it is time. We are so fortunate and blessed to have a very easy going little guy who will let anyone love on him (though Jake and I seem to have the market on getting smiles from him). We praise God and seek His wisdom in raising this child everyday.


So, what did week twelve bring for Hugh? It brought his first time in church nursery (he did fine and so did we), it brought play dates with Luca and his cousins, it brought bath toys, it brought size two diapers, it brought seeing where Jake works and meeting his coworkers (Hugh was very into the engineering posters...could we have a future nerd on our hands?...kidding), it brought his first happy hour (it was at Papadeux and it wasn't so happy - he did fine, but the food was gross), it brought meeting new friends, and lots more. He started rolling over again (only when he feels like it) and has started napping so much better (when we are home...and in the swing...blackout shades are coming - I am convinced that napping in the crib is just around the corner). He is still battling with the bottle, but we are starting to see a little bit of progress each day...we have realized that he will eat when he feels like it - I see long battles in the high chair in our future. He has started having conversations with Jake (it is really cute and I should try to record it) and loves for people to look at him. He still loves his time in the bath, taking walks, and reading. I would say that Hugh has really enjoyed his first few months!


I still cannot believe it has been twelve weeks...time flies. I look back to some of my earlier posts and I realize that I was a little crazy, but I am much better now (at least I can say this...I am sure some would still say I am crazy). I am still pumping (I am sure you are all glad that I still continue to share this, but I want everyone to be as proud of me as I am of myself...yes, it is called pride and please pray for me.). So, this week will bring a new change (when we finally have such a great schedule), but we trust in God for it to go smoothly. Since I knew I would always be going back to work, for the last twelve weeks I have had a closet of work clothes staring at me and reminding me that all my clothes are one size (mental note...diversify my wardrobe with more than one size)...so, I have finally been able to fit into some of my clothes...not all, but some and that is all I need...my coworkers can see me in the same pants every week...lucky them. I really thought my body would just bounce right back...I have realized that I am not Melissa and I can no longer eat anything I want and say, "It is for the baby." Hugh, you have changed me forever...my heart...and my body (but it is all worth it)!


Thanks to everyone for your prayers and support...we are so blessed! We have a lot of great shots this week thanks to Melissa and her camera (which I covet...please pray for me)...thanks Melissa!

12 comments:

MommySecrets said...

Future nerd? That comes from his mama...

Dan

Pam said...

What a cute little guy!! And from one working mom to another...know that I will be praying for this transition.

AprilJ said...

He is getting so big and we can't wait to meet him in person. I remember going to my first day back after Kara and I panicked a little but it got a lot better after that first day. Of course, knowing your baby is in good hands helps immensely.

Jeremy and Mindy said...

Jenn- I wish you the best on going back to work. I love seeing your pictures and reading your blog. I am so happy for you.

Brooke said...

Special prayers will be said on Tuesday morning! Little Hugh is not so little anymore. Sigh. It happens so fast!

mcmomE3 said...

Jenn, don't worry about sharing that you are still pumping. I'm sure a lot of us are happy for you. I'm proud of you for doing that. It seems like it hurts (which I will find out soon enough) but the important thing is that you are doing it for your son, so you shouldn't feel bad about sharing your news. Im sorry you have to go back to work when you would probably rather be at home with Hugh. I hope it goes well and the transition is smooth.

Jen said...

Such cute pictures...and I love his little sweater, so adorable!

Melissa said...

He is getting big, and we enjoy seeing him. And as an FYI, I took ALL those pictures without you, he seemed to smile for ME just fine!! :)
Oh I wish that was true about my body, should I point out that you were wearing my "after baby jeans" just fine?? I just took your mental note one step further and diversified my wardrobe with different sizes. :) You look wonderful!! Even for having a baby at your age. :)

Amy said...

Jen, I haven't stopped crying over my children so if you're doing better after 12 weeks that's great!

Theresa said...

He is such an adorable baby!! I LOVE that shot at the end; is that Eli with Hugh? Anyway, I always tell people this on their blogs, but that's good enough to be framed...precious kisses! ;)

Meredith said...

Jenn, thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad you got some encouragement. Please know I'll be praying for you as you go back to work... time does fly! Way too quickly!

Tell Jake "Hi" from Cory and I!

Krista said...

Praying today went well. :) Love the pics, I am not sure he could get any cuter. :)