Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shots, shots, shots...


Hugh just passed eleven weeks! He is getting so big...we are packing up all the zero to three month clothes and he should be transitioning to a bigger diaper soon (diapers that we will start having to buy...we have yet to buy any diapers since so many people were so nice and bought them for us...so, now we only have to buy diapers for another two years (yes, our son will be very advanced and potty trained by two years old...ha!). He is so active and has started trying to roll from his back to his stomach...lifting his legs up and rolling back and forth. He has forgotten how to roll from his stomach to his back...the doctor told me not to worry - he just has more "body mass" to move now (polite way of saying, "His stomach is too big."). He is so sweet and we love having him with us!



So, he had his big appointment this week...shots! Honestly, I had a lot of anxiety over the vaccinations, but I really prayed about it and was reminded of Phil. 4:6 (not to be anxious). You can just read so much on the internet...the internet is a blessing and a curse. Anyway, God calmed my heart and he got his first big round of shots on Friday. He took them like a champ (of course, we drugged him first, which we will plan to do with all our children) and he only cried for a minute. He did run a fever for the rest of the day (and still has one while I type this post), but is feeling fine and not acting like he is in any pain. We praise God for his great appointment. He is now 12lbs. 14oz. (50%), 24.25in. (90%), and has a small head (25%). So, he is our big boy with a little head! He'll be back in another two months to get some more shots...lucky him (not like we haven't all been there...my mom took me to get shots on my fifth birthday (yes, I still remember...who does that?!?)). Hugh had his first trip to the zoo with some friends from church (he didn't see much and slept when we walked through the monkey house) and had a play date with his cousin, Logan. Logan is so sweet with him; however, he can be a little clumsy and almost fell right on top of him, but we know it was in love. He spent his first week in the church nursery, which again gave us a little anxiety, but we trust in God to keep him healthy. He is still sleeping well at night...about seven to eight hours and is taking all his naps in his swing (our neighbors let us borrow their swing...it is awesome...I love the swing!). We are still struggling with the bottle feeding, but it gets better and better...we'll keep working on it. I am still pumping and I love it (not really, but I am thinking positively) - I still have to talk myself into turning it on every time...yes, I can be a little dramatic. He loves his new aquarium, reading with his Mama, and taking walks in the stroller (he finally got to look out in the stroller...loves that). Overall, we have a healthy, happy, little boy and a dramatic Mama.



Thanks to all for your prayers and support...we greatly appreciate it. I am looking forward to enjoying my last full week of being home with Hugh...I cannot believe it has almost been twelve weeks...time has flown by. We continue to look forward to experiencing all the new things with Hugh...we are so lucky!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, he is getting so big. We will have to have a "play date" this week. Those must be Johnson genes long and big with a small head. Just as long as they have the big brains right??? :)

twingeneration said...

Jenn - Hugh is beautiful. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. If you love blogs, check out the nienie and c jane links on mine...they are mostly about motherhood...and they're terrific!

Amy said...

BABY BOY! He is getting so big, and of course, SO cute. Thanks for the reminder from your email and on your blog about giving anxiety to the Lord - I am getting ready to take Trey & Tyson for their 4 and 2 year appts and I still HATE those appts with shots. And, I know what you mean about pumping - I had that same thought with both boys - I just have to do this. Ugh, soon it will be over.

Cristina said...

I love that last pictures you put on this post. He is very handsome... You are doing a great job as a mommy... God will walk you through every phase.