Saturday, April 25, 2009

It is official...Saylor is a Sitter!



Here it is...the half way point for the first year...twenty-six weeks and six months old! Unbelievable! Time is going by way too fast (I know I say this every week, but it really is going too fast)! We cannot believe Hugh is six months old...I was remembering this week how I was in labor six months ago (it feels like it was yesterday, but I am glad it doesn't "feel" like it was yesterday...get my drift?!?). Also, our happy guy came back this week...not sure where he was vacationing last week, but he came back! We are so lucky to be Hugh's parents...God has blessed us so much!


So, what was new in week twenty-six? Well, we have a sitter...yep, Saylor is a sitter (say that fast five times...and yes, we have one of those as well). I don't leave him alone while sitting (he has been known to still tumble over), but he is "officially" sitting up all on his own - he gets to see the world in a whole new view. He went for his six month visit to the Doctor this week...so, more shots! He did really well and only cried for about thirty seconds. The rotovirus vaccine didn't go as well for him once again. He is way onto spitting out nasty things that enter into his mouth. So, he weighs 16lbs. 9oz. (25%) and is 27.25in.(75%)...yes, he shrunk from his last appointment. Seriously, can you really accurately measure a baby? He listened to his lungs for a long time to make sure nothing was living in them...he said they sounded very clear. We talked about Hugh's frequent night waking (since we are back to newborn days with him waking up every two hours...it is awesome) and he said, "If he needs to eat then he needs to eat. And yes, you are creating bad habits." Awesome. So, we'll meet with the GI Doctor next week and see what he has to say about it. We just don't want Hugh to get used to getting the rest of his food throughout the night. We praise God that he is growing! Our Doctor said he looks great and is still on his growth curve - he told me the GI nurses can get a little "crazy" about the weight gain...so, I shouldn't get discouraged because he looks good. So, all in all...we have a happy, healthy guy! God is so good and so faithful! He still has his "good" and "bad" days with eating...his "good" days always seem to be when my mom is watching him (we think she drinks some of the bottle for him) and the weekends are always "bad" days. We definitely no longer freak about it...he'll get what he needs. What else? Well, he is playing with more toys because he can sit up now. He pooed in the toilet...or, wait, I should state that his poo went in the toilet! Ah, yes...he pooed in the bath with Jake...again! It was so funny...Jake says to me, "Can you turn the lights on? I think he is pooing." (We dim the lights to create the "bedtime" experience.) And yes, he was indeed pooing...lots of it. I about died laughing...seriously. So, Jake is really starting to think the shower may be a better option! He had more dinner dates and lunch dates with friends...and he continues to charm. He had his worst crying session...ever...when he hits a wall, he hits a wall. He has a love for the electronics...remote controls, cameras, computers. (I hope I never post that he has destroyed one of these items...especially the camera or computer...I would be devastated.) He is becoming more and more "grabby"...so, ladies, watch out...he is a grabber of hair and other items (if you know what I mean). We are starting to see the sin nature in Hugh...unbelievable how early you see it (however, I am sure it is just a phase and we won't ever have to discipline him because he'll be perfect...yeah right). As for me...I love being a mom...it so great; however, I could stand not having ANOTHER breast infection this week! Seriously, how many breast infections can a girl get in a week?!? Overall, it was a great week (minus the breast infections)!




God's faithfulness is amazing - He continues to give us the grace we need to live each day. He is so patient with us and is quick to forgive us when we are so undeserving. Our hearts are so burdened for our son - we desire for him to know the Lord and from a very early age. We desire for him to know the forgiveness, grace, and love we experience everyday. Thank you all for your prayers and love! We hope you all are doing well and we pray for you all daily!



(Sorry for all the pictures...I just think he is so cute!)

10 comments:

Jen said...

He IS so cute, we love seeing the pictures! :)

Theresa said...

Yes, he is SO cute!! And just gets cuter each post! It's fun when they can sit 'cuz it seems like they're better entertained. Enjoy EVERY minute!!! I'm glad his "teething" seems to be better this week! ;)

Brandie said...

Hi! I love reading your weekly posts and seeing Hugh grow! Yea, for sitting up. He has the most beautiful smile! Thanks for the heads up about the GI nurses, I'm with you ANY weight gain is good and certainly worth celebrating.

Sorry to hear about breast infections. I had chronic Mastitis with Ella. I lost count after nine or so. Thankfully, only the first 3 required antibiotics. Moist heat was really helpful. Hopefully, they will go and stay away.

The Noland Family said...

Yay!!! Isn't it fun to watch them play when they are sitting?! Gracelyn loved to play her piano now that she can reach the keys... today however she tumbled.. ouch! Glad to hear he is growing!!! I still can't believe how tall he is!!! Long and lean :)
We would love to have you three over for dinner sometime and return the favor from our last dinner date!
Love you guys!

AprilJ said...

We can't wait to see Hugh LIVE AND IN PERSON in a little less than a week.. hard to believe it's almost here!! YAY!!!

Amy said...

Go, Hugh, Go! Good job sitting! Now the moving around is in your future - watch out! Such a cutie - love the pics!

MommySecrets said...

We love the pictures - it shrinks some of the distance between us. And he's a super-cute baby!

Filleman Family said...

I got lots of cute Hugh smiles last night - I think that was a first for me. Maybe he understand that I really was going to bring him something other than a book:) I know you got MORE than enough 'advice' the other day when you posted on FB but for someone who had a similar child who also saw Dr. Singer . . just an FYI, Dr. Singer will tell you to feed him that often through the night FOREVER! I actually was a bad mom and took Davis to see Dr. Struble for the sole purpose of overriding what Singer had been telling me . . crazy I know. I just needed a Dr. to tell me I could sleep. (granted he was 10 mo old) You will know when you are ready not to go in anymore.

Melissa said...

I will join the LONG list of people saying, YES he is THAT cute! :)
I am up during the night too, if you are looking for a friend.. ;) try co-sleeping it is something new I am trying this time around, working out great for me. LOL

Jason and Lisa said...

What a CUTIE! Good job Hugh on sitting up! :)