Sunday, May 24, 2009

He Likes It, Hubey Likes It!


Here we are...week thirty and officially seven months! Hugh is doing so great and so are we. We continue to feel God's blessing in our lives everyday. He is so incredibly good to us when we are completely undeserving. We praise God for our little boy! We are excited for each new day and every new, fun thing for him. Thank you Lord, children are truly a blessing from you.



So, what does Hubey like and what did week thirty bring? Well, as you can read, we (especially me) call Hugh, "Hubey", which was Hugh and Baby morphed together. It is my nickname for him and I am sure he'll just love it as he gets older...right. We have LOTS of nicknames for this boy...lots of ones that are probably mean, but they make us laugh...yes, we are SO mature. So, he likes fruit...he actually likes fruit! No, we didn't go in the order of foods that the Doctor likes to see...we started with whatever we felt like and whatever he would eat. Yes, we would feed this kid ice cream for every meal if he would open his mouth for it and swallow it. He doesn't like green beans...at all. (Similar to cousin Brendan, he is constantly trying to tell us, "You put the green beans in at the wrong time."...he spits them out over and over and over (you get it). However, he will eat some squash and we'll revisit sweet potatoes and carrots this week. So, it takes him about three days to finish a size two jar of baby food. I know some of you are thinking, "And you consider that good?!?" Yes, we do...it is all about baby steps...and we save a lot of money! We estimate he is getting around four tablespoons of baby food a day. He is a very purposeful eater and will not just open his mouth for any bite. I like to think he is thinking, "Is this bite really worth it? A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. Chubby may be cute now, but what about ten years from now?"...which is very different than his Mama, who thinks, "Just one more bite...I'll eat a smaller lunch. Thank goodness my husband likes me big and plumpy." Anyway, he is making progress and we praise God. He still struggles with his bottles and is very adamant that he'll eat when he feels like it. We are still working on the "crying it out", but it is very difficult when we cannot be consistent. I just keep telling myself that Hugh is prepping us for the second baby (no, I am not pregnant) because we won't know what it is like to get a full nights sleep. He still really enjoys waking up around 5:30AM (we do not enjoy this...at all)...we let him hang out in his crib...no one should have to get up before 7AM in this house...including Hubey. He moved up to size three diapers (wow, now isn't that exciting news...you bet it is). He enjoyed his first party at our home...of course, he napped terrible all day and then ended up sleeping through the majority of the party. However, he did get to see lots of family and some friends, which he always enjoys (I didn't take a single picture...ahhh!). He is really loving his exersaucer/jumper...this kid goes to town in it...hilarious. We are still working on the baby signs and he is still looking at us like we are crazy. We are still working on the "crawling" and he is really getting the pivoting down and the backwards scoot. He experienced the splash park...still a little too small to really enjoy it. He enjoyed more pool time and is looking forward to his "big" pool experience this coming week. Overall, it was a great week!




Thank you all for your prayers. We are so blessed by so many people that love and care for us. We hope you all are doing well!


7 comments:

AprilJ said...

Big hugs to baby Hubey. I love that nick name (I also kind of like little Mack)!! He's quite a looker, this one. Glad to hear he went for the sweet things in life :)

Amy said...

That is one cute Hubey! I was wondering where he went during the party! Don't sweat the order of foods, I did the "recommended" order and both boys still preferred/prefer fruit over veggies. I don't blame them either. At the end of the day, they just needs calories.

Theresa said...

So sweet! I love all the pics!! :) I love how alert and wide-eyed Hugh is! Anyway, what kid likes green beans, and yes "sweet" potatoes are always a hit!! I love when they can finally have fun in the exersaucer; new activities are good. You are a good Mommy, Jenn!

Brooke said...

Is the "Big Pool" experience coming up baby swim lessons?

What is it with green beans? Surely there are babies who do eat them, since they make them but I've never met any. Luca recommends the pumpkin/pear mix, she thinks it's delish!

Hugs to Hubey! :)

Jason and Lisa said...

He looks great, Jenn! You guys are doing a great job. :) We did the recommended order. Both my kids would eat everything then around 15-18 months, E won't eat vegatables (every now and again he will or if I feel he needs them and I bribe him...great parenting, huh?!?) and every now and then I'm starting to see the pickiness come with Grant. SO all this to say, maybe Hugh is getting his "pickiness" out of the way now and he will be the best eater when he is older.

mcmomE3 said...

First off...I just want to say that you are not big and plumpy, so there is no need to say that! I am so glad to hear that Hugh is eating baby food. That must be so exciting and fun! I cant wait to start feeding Landon with a spoon. Each day it seems like your child gets even more fun than the day before. I love it but I think Landon is still going to be an only child.

twingeneration said...

I love to read your entries. You remind me with every one to be grateful to God and to look for him in all our joys and trials throughout this new parenting adventure...something I need to work on.