Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another New Week...


Another new week...week thirty-five and eight months (sorry, trying to get creative with my opening line...it isn't working...oh, well)! (And time to put on the broken record...) I cannot believe it...eight months! It is so crazy to us to think it has been eight months...time goes by too fast. We love this baby...he is so cute and has the greatest personality...I love seeing him grow each day!


So, what did week thirty-five bring? Well, like we all know...not every week can be super exciting...but it was still a fun week. Hugh is still working like crazy on his crawl...hasn't quite figured out that he needs to move his arms, so there is a lot of belly flopping. I am excited for him to be mobile because I know he wants to explore and "experience" life in a whole new way and I am not excited for him to be mobile because I know he wants to explore and "experience" life in a whole new way. We are still working on our signs and sounds...and we still get the crazy looks. He has learned to turn on his crib mobile...by kicking it (yep, we can hear him kicking it from our room and the camera monitor confirms it). What a skill...I am thinking genius on our hands! We are fine with it though because it keeps him entertained for another thirty to forty minutes in the morning...shoot, I would let him play with matches if it entertained him in the morning so I could go running (AKA sleep, but I am running in my dreams and I am really fast...oh, and the matches..kidding...just a joke, no need to call CPS). He has decided that he LOVES hair...sometimes, he'll just run his fingers through my hair and other times he pulls it so hard that I start crying. I try to keep him away from other children with hair (and that is a hard job...shockingly, most children have hair). He even likes to tug at his own hair...very cute. We had a play date with our neighbors...lots of fun...he loves watching the "big" kids play...thinks everything they do is so funny (however, had to watch out for hair pulling because our neighbor's handsome, little boy has the most amazing hair...it was a close call...Hugh was mesmorized by his hair). We are still working on his sleep habits (or lack of sleep habits)...however, God has been incredibly faithful (as always) and Hugh had a great week of night sleep...we pray it continues. We are trying the sippy cup...Hugh thinks it is another "teething" toy and gags just about every time liquid comes out. Oh, and him holding it...why would he want to do that when someone else can hold it for him? (I think I am sensing a pattern with this child.) Who knows, maybe bringing a bottle to kindergarten will be cool five years from now. He is getting so much better with his eating...seriously, it is like a different baby! He will try anything (and I mean anything) you put on his tray. However, by "try", I mean placing it into his mouth and then spitting it out. He has yet to get anything down the hatch, but he is always willing to bring it to his mouth. So, we let him get all sorts of messy and he loves it (and the Valium I take to relax is working wonders...kidding, I am getting to be okay with it all...I know it is good for him). Overall, it was another great week...lots of smiles and giggles.


We just have to say how much we love this baby...seriously. I cannot tell you how much I love getting him in the mornings and after naps. We have a routine and he always gets so excited...he just gets it and it is so cute. He is also so ticklish and I love to tickle him like crazy...kind of to the point where it hurts so good. Ah, so much fun. God is so amazing and as we continue to see His creation grow, we are so amazed...seriously.


We hope you all are doing well. We love you all and please know that you all in our prayers everyday!

5 comments:

AprilJ said...

That is HUGE that he'll "try" foods compared to last month when it was lip-lockdown whenever we moved in with food! At this rate, he'll be making dinners by his first birthday :) What will Hugh's t-shirt say?? (unlike his cousins: will hike for food)

Jason and Lisa said...

I agree with April...that is HUGE that he is trying foods even if they aren't going down. I love that second to last pic...so sweet.

Filleman Family said...

even if bringing the bottle to kindergarten is cool - do you think he will be able to convince his teacher to hold it? he is so super cute I'm sure the five-year-old ladies will be dying to lend a hand :) Grayson does the same thing and Davis will actually hold his water cup for him oy-vay!

Evy said...

What a cutie! I had that "I'm just banana's over mommy" shirt for Landon, but it was newborn sized so he only wore it once which was a little disappointing but I guess that happens with kids and baby clothes. They grow so fast.

Theresa said...

He is so darn cute-Hugh that is-that would be kinda' weird if I called your husband cute!-and I'm so glad to hear things are going better with eating! You really made me laugh on the running in the dreams thing-that's the kind I like. Now if only it worked...! :) Janet was telling me at play group how running for girls is harder on your body than for guys, so I think in the sleep is MUCH better for you! It's sweet to see that you are enjoying mommy-hood so much!