Saturday, June 6, 2009

Second Time's a Charm...

(So, I finished my blog and went to delete something and deleted the entire post...so, second time's a charm...(and I am sure not as clever, witty, or long...))


Here it is...week thirty-two! We cannot believe how fast time is going by...too fast (I know, I know...broken record...you hear it every week). Hugh continues to become more of a big boy and less of a baby every week...so sad. We continue to see his independence (or sin nature as we like to call it) come out every day. God has blessed us so much with this little boy...we are incredibly amazed by His faithfulness when we are so undeserving.


So, what did week thirty-two bring? Well...again...not the most exciting week, but we enjoyed every minute of it. Hugh is still "trying" to crawl with little success. He can push himself to his knees/toes from sitting and will rock and rock and rock...no where to go. However, he does have the "swimming" thing down...too bad he can't swim on dry land. I am not terribly anxious from him to become mobile...seems like a lot more work. I'll be honest...I love that I can lay him in one place and know he'll be there when I get back. I know once he becomes mobile then it will leave less time for my "chores" (aka checking Facebook and blog stalking). We have brought out more toys and he loves his play time. He still loves his activity jumper and we love to laugh at him in it. Seriously, he goes crazy and it is so funny. We are still working on the sign language for Hugh...and Jake. Jake needs as much help as Hugh does...he has started making up his own signs. He (back to Hugh, not Jake) is starting to roll all around in the crib...you never know if you'll find him on his back, tummy, or side (most likely side...just like Mama) and you never know which direction he'll be laying. I love sneaking up on him in the crib when he gets up in the morning or naps...he gets so excited. We are still working on the "crying it out"...he had a good week, only one bad night. He gets VERY angry with us when we let him cry it out...it is so hard. He is enjoying "snuggle" time with Mama less and less...he has started this new back arching, flailing thing...called "fish out of water"...basically, it is his non-verbal way of expressing his "independence". He still loves his pool time and has taken a few headers this week...he has no fear with the water (makes me glad we don't own a big pool). Today, he started trying to pull himself up on the edge of the pool and with his toys...not ready for that...at all (time to lower the crib mattress and hurt my back). Overall, another wonderful week filled with lots of smiles and lots of giggles!


And the eating...this will always be the same story, different week line. I have finally decided to give up on the carrots (Jake is thrilled) - we tried mixing them with bananas and pears...still not a taker (I know, aren't you all shocked...I mean carrots mixed with bananas and pears and he still didn't like them...it is such a delicious combo). So, we'll move onto sweet potatoes. Also, I have peas...no idea why I got those...I won't eat peas. He is still eating around two to three containers per week...two feedings a day for thirty minutes...baby steps. I think we'll add another feeding this week. Good news is...he is enjoying the table food more. He doesn't really eat it, but he'll play with it and bring it to his mouth to try. I have read that children with eating issues need to learn to "experience" (aka get messy) the food so they don't fear food. So, I have to learn to experience the mess so I don't "fear" (aka freak out supa panic) the mess. We are going back to the GI doctor this week...hopefully, we'll be out of the sixteen pound range or we'll have a very angry nurse - not that we aren't working on this all the time like crazy!


Well, things are good and God is good. As you all know from my last post, we slaughtered the "cow" (aka me) and we'll use the remaining milk we have. It is crazy to think that the thousand plus ounces we have will only last one month! All that hard work for one month! I swear Jake is going to need to start lactating for the next baby...he does have nipples. So, I need to learn to eat a lot less food now...that is a struggle...too bad I cannot burn as many calories sitting on the couch as I did pumping. Overall, everything is good and we look forward to each new day. We hope and pray you all are doing well. We love you all and thank you for your prayers!

5 comments:

DeeBoyzMomma said...

I love all of the pictures of Hugh. He just has the most adorable smile ever!!!

AprilJ said...

I love the pool pics! We miss ourselves some Bay-Hew up here in AK but there would be no swimming, that's for sure ;) Again, congrats on breaking up with the pump!

Brooke said...

I love your posts, laughing aloud over here! Especially about Jake lactating...let me know how that one goes. :) That pool looks like a blast! We miss Hugh! (oh, and you and Jake too!) ;)

Cristina said...

Cute baby boy... don't you hate when you delete a long email or post! Drives me up the wall!

Melissa said...

Cute pics! You gave me 2 jars to feed him in the nursery and he is only taking 3 a week!! I felt like such a failure. Now I feel pretty good that I got him to finish the one jar. ;)