Sunday, July 26, 2009

No Pain, No Gain


Here it is...nine months! Can you believe our baby is nine months old?!? Oh, and of course, we couldn't forget thirty-nine weeks! So, after doing this whole weekly post thing for Hugh, I am finally convinced that a pregnancy really is nine months...I use to always think it was ten months because it was forty weeks...now, I know that forty weeks is closer to nine months. I know, I know...totally fascinating. Anyway, it has been a crazy week, but we have constantly been reminded of God's incredible faithfulness and we are so thankful for our Lord and Saviour; we don't know where we would be without Him.


So, what did week thirty-nine bring? Well, it officially brought "cage time"...and I am not sure how much Hugh loves it. He doesn't enjoy his "alone" time yet as much as we thought he would. We are going to continue working on it. I know this cage will be wonderful when we have future children - finally, the thought of breastfeeding a future baby doesn't seem so terrifying. Also, we have been tossing around the idea of kid's cage fighting...you know, always thinking of ways to make a little extra money...kidding. He started pulling himself on things - he doesn't really know what to do once he gets up...so, he freaks out a little and gets really frustrated. This kid is the King of Frustration when he cannot figure something out or do exactly what he thinks he should be able to do. We are sure that "cruising" is right around the corner...awesome. We lowered the crib mattress, which just makes things harder for me...that is a long way to bend over. He got his first head injury...nothing serious, just a nice bruise on his head....right before his doctor appointment. He climbs over things (because why wouldn't you just go around an item?!?)...well, he tried climbing over one of his cups and his forehead met the tile...the tile dominated the introduction. He was fine, just very angry. Now, he has his first battle wound and a story to tell...we know it is just one of many with the energy this baby has...seriously, he is non-stop. He tried crawling stairs at my parent's house...just glad we don't have stairs. He had his nine month check-up...19lbs. (25%) and 30in. (90%)...he is getting to be a big boy! He is definitely long and lean - everything looks great and Dr. A reminded me that some babies don't like "chunks" until they are two years old...wow, now that would just be super. He has had lots of play time with his cousins (his AK cousins are in town...and I think he has a little crunch on Kara...we explained to him that in Arizona we don't marry cousins...also, if we did marry cousins...he would be competing with a lot of other young boys for Kara's love). We are looking forward to lots more play time these next couple of weeks! Overall, entering into month nine has been exciting and eventful.



So, I debated...posting this next section. How much do you share on the world wide web? It is a tough call, but after discussion with Jake - we decided this affected our son during his thirty-ninth week, so we should include in his book. I was rushed into emergency surgery on Thursday, July 23rd and will be recovering for the next two to six weeks. Hugh has been staying with my parents since Thursday (and we had so many family members who jumped to take care of our little guy...a huge thanks to Melissa and April for dropping everything for our son...and to Melissa for taking care of five kids...yikes!) and he will be coming back home today. I cannot lift him up for the next couple weeks and am very sore. It has been very hard not being able to care for your own child, but we want him back home with us...we miss him like crazy and don't enjoy only seeing him during visiting hours. We are trusting in God's faithfulness right now and know that He is good. We don't always understand His will, but it doesn't make us doubt Him or not trust in Him. So, we rest in the truth of His word...knowing that He doesn't give us more than we can bear (1 Cor. 10:13).


We would appreciate your prayers and thank you all for loving us. We hope you all are doing well!

10 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

Cute pictures of Hugh as always. I'm sorr to hear that you were rushed into emergency surgery. I'll be praying for a quick recovery and proper healing.

Jason and Lisa said...

oops, "sorry"

AprilJ said...

Love Hugh.. Love you guys...thankful I was around to help!! Praying for the recovery :)

Amy said...

So sorry to hear about surgery, no fun at all. Sounds like Hugh is keeping you on your toes and is very much being a boy - going over things instead of around is such a boy thing! :)

Mindy said...

Hugh looks great! I am so sorry to hear about the needed surgery. I hope you are recovering okay now. Let me know if there is anything you need. I would be happy to run it over! Take care this week.

Cynthia said...

I love you Jennnie! I'm glad you have everyone there to help you out. Thinking of you guys. Un besote y abrazo fuerte!

Melissa said...

I love this little boy!! We LOVED having him, he was so much fun and I personally feel he REALLY loved being here. He told me with his eyes, action and how much he really wanted to keep kissing me!! :)
Plus he ate like a champ!

suubi said...

We are praying for you! If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate!

Theresa said...

Praying for you, Jen! When the weather cools down, you need to bring Hugh to the farm again so he can test it out! I really think he wants to live there and have built-in buddies! ;)

Theresa said...

Ugh! Always forget your extra "n"! JEN-N!