Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Season of Sharing...


Another week…week forty-eight and eleven months! We have entered the last month of his first year of life. We seriously cannot believe an entire year has almost gone by and how much our little guy has changed. As we continue to look back over the past year, we realize the incredible blessing God has given us. We are excited for how Hugh continues to grow and for each new day with him. He is his own little person…showing us his personality and strong will everyday! We love this little monkey!



So, what did week forty-eight bring? Well, it has really brought his strong will, which equates to him yelling, growling, grunting, etc. whenever he doesn’t get what he wants when he wants…it is really a fantastic way for him to express himself (oh, wait…no, it is not). So, we are working on his self-expression and better ways to communicate. However, I truly do love the screaming in the grocery cart and lots of judging stares. I am sure him speaking in full sentences to communicate is right around the corner (yes, I am totally realistic and do not live in a fantasy world). We locked up the kitchen cabinets and he was very excited about that…however, he got over them very quickly once he realized he could no longer open them. And he does have his very own cabinet, which he could care less about because it is his very own cabinet and there is no challenge. He got to have lots of play time with his cousin, Logan. So, he learned how to share his toys…his first response was to gently explain (yell and hit) to Logan that Hugh’s toys are Hugh’s toys. Well, I think he quickly learned that Logan is twice his size and it would be a really good idea to share with him…so, everything was great and Hugh loved his time with him. He is getting much better at waving and giving high fives…so cute. He loves to sit on his back legs and bounce. He is saying “ma ma” lots more…it is about time. He cut another tooth...and that makes seven teeth! We are continuing to try new foods with him…he has some faves (eggs, Craisins, booty, cheese, juice, paper, anything that most normal people would not eat, and the list stops) and he has some hates (tuna, all vegetables, and the list goes on)…however, he does has a very sophisticated palette and enjoys tomatoes sauteed in garlic and basil, balsalmic vineagette, corn and crab chowder, guacamole, and beef jerky. We think we may have a future chef...good, I need someone to cook for me in the future. He is doing awesome with his eating and we are thinking about trying to wean him from his last sleep feed (we wake him up to feed him)…we’ll see what happens. We continue to see God faithfulness and we put our trust in Him and nothing else. Hugh continues to have non-stop energy and wants to explore everything. We love him keeping us on our toes – we need it…our lives would be so boring without it. He has shown us some fears this week…the vacuum cleaner. Oh, wow…the vacuum freaks him out…really freaks him out, which I find to be funny (I know, I know…I am a wonderful Mama)…it didn’t freak him out last week, but all of a sudden it does. The garage door also freaks him a little…so, I am guessing loud noises are not his thing. We are back to taking walks, which he loves and my thighs desperately need. He loves to be silly and scream (happy) and laugh...and it is so cute. We love getting to see him grow everyday…it is so fun!



We are so thankful for God’s goodness and grace in our lives. We desire to live for Him everyday. We hope and pray you all are doing well!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love that Hubey! So fun with cuzzies!

AprilJ said...

Hugh loves himself some booty. I like that! Tell him to brace himself for a visit with the Claytons...Clay is an expert sharer (not), maybe he can give Hugh some tips (ways to assure that he doesn't have to share). Hard to believe he's almost a year!

Heidi Marie said...

He is going to be a year in one month! Wow. I have been meaning to ask...will you continue these weekly posts after he turns a year? If not I will truly miss them. I love your weekly posts. Oh and I promise if I saw you in the store with a screaming child there will be no judging looks coming your way. My cart would have a screaming child as well, or a child with a lollipop (now you can judge me).

Theresa said...

Sweet and funny, as always, update! So if there's one thing I've learned as a Mom, it's to not judge people in the grocery store--no, really! Even Moms who are at the end of their ropes...even yelling! Had it not been for God's grace in my salvation, I am SURE I would be one of them...and some days, sadly, I can be that crazy lady at the store speaking unkindly to her kids-which again reminds me not to judge!! :) Wow, that was a mouthful! :)