Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hughlapalooza!!!

(Once again LOTS of pictures...be prepared!)







Ah, yes...it was an extravanganza...the whole weekend! However, it was a lot of fun...we are glad we didn't have to title the post, "It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To!". Hugh seemed to have a great time and there were a couple times in the night that Jake and I looked at each other and asked, "Where is Hugh?" Clearly, he partying like it was 2009...what, what?!? Friday we enjoyed the zoo (I think Hugh may feel about the zoo the same way TJ does..."the best part about the zoo is the playground") and Peter Piper Pizza with the cousins...it was a good time...I even think Aunt Melissa enjoyed the zoo...I know, I know...shocking. At least this time there was no meltdown from Hugh...even when we took the Icee away. We do know that he doesn't enjoy cotton candy...what is wrong with this kid?!? He enjoyed the 3P...of course. Loved the merry go round.









That night we decided to do a dry run with his cake...a cup cake. And, he LOVED it...more making a mess that eating it...it was so funny. The really craziness was on Saturday for his BIG family party...which is over fifty people! Yikes! It was a lot of fun. My worst nightmare came true when I ran out of food...yes, the biggest party foul ever. However, the guests were very understanding and hot dogs came to the rescue. The pinata was a huge hit...like no duh, of course would be...I did have them at my birthday parties until I was thirteen...oh and in case you all are wondering, I was definitely the most popular kid and was not a total nerd...it is totally "cool" to have pinatas when you are thirteen. Hugh wasn't really into the presents...too many other fun things to do...like glow sticks. Oh, yeah...we had glowsticks...look out 1999, glowsticks are making a comeback. He smashed his cake on Saturday night, but not like Friday night...however, it was still lots of fun. He had a terrific night and even got to stay up late...of course, we were hoping for an extra hour of sleep in the morning since he was getting robbed of it...yep, big, fat negative. Thanks to our family for a wonderful party...we look forward to so many more!








5 comments:

Jen said...

SO FUN! I love the smiley picture of him on the carousel. :)

Filleman Family said...

Davis does LOVE Hugh - I'm pretty sure however that Hugh is not sold on Davis - too much smothering. Guess I will have to drop the "baby Hugh" being that he is one and all.

Cristina said...

Love the cake in the shape of a Dr. Crown's bottle. Too funny!

planejanes said...

Loved the pics.. made it feel like we were there (well, not really). Sounds like it was a good time :) Well done, mom.

Theresa said...

Looks like so much fun!! I'm glad I'm not the only one with HUGE families and HUGE birthday parties!! :)