Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fits, fits, fits!


It is a hard to believe, but it is week forty-nine...week forty-nine?!? When did that happen?!? Soon, my weekly posts will be done and Hugh will have the first fifty-two weeks of his life documented...I know all of my five readers will be devastated without my weekly posts. I know Hugh will be absolutely thrilled to read about his first year of life...some day and yes, he will be thrilled to learn about how "regular" or "irregular" he was...yes, absolutely thrilled. A year goes by so quickly...too fast. We are so thankful for our little guy and cannot imagine our lives without him. We praise God for the incredible gift He has given to us.



So, what did week forty-nine bring? Well, it brought a clingy monkey...if we had to guess, we would say he is teething again...yep, when in doubt go with teething...so we do. He has officially become our shadow...you know, always there...look at the baby, look at the baby. We don't mind having a constant shadow...he is pretty cute. He continues to be extremely curious and wants to get into everything...so, now the dishwasher is off limits because he has a knack of always pulling a knife out...we decided we would rather have a child with ten fingers and ten toes...so, no more dishwasher knife play. Trust me, it is a chore to keep him away from the dishwasher and the refridgerator. We packed up a lot of the nine to twelve month clothes...those clothes actually looked small to me, I remember getting them and thinking, "Hugh will NEVER be that big." He continues to be a speed crawler (with huge calouses on his knees) and acts like he has broken legs if you try to get him to stand up. However, he is showing more interest in walking with an object...the highchair or table chairs...so, making some progress. He loves to play peek-a-boo...he'll hide his eyes and get so excited when you say peek-a-boo and pull his hands from his eyes and he will always play it with the curtain...it is so cute. Oh, and so much for "not being a climber"...he is a boy, so he likes to climb. He has decided he doesn't love to being confined in a highchair for an hour any longer...very sad. He has also decided throwing fits in Costco, Walmart (we look like everyone else in Walmart...I think it is a rule that your kids have to be whining, crying, screaming, or throwing a fit to be able to go into Walmart), or a grocery store is completly acceptable...I think I am going to start bringing my iPod and completely ignore him (then I really will look like everyone at Walmart...kidding)...and kidding...we are always working on behavior...it is a full time job. He continues to growl and squeal all the time...he is so cute. Seriously, I think we fall in love with this little guy more and more. I cannot tell you how much it melts my heart when I come home from work and pick him up and he gives me a kiss (without any prompting)...ah, my sweet, sweet boy...who happens to throw a fit every now and then...who doesn't?!? He continues to love story time...especially the singing and puppets. He likes to have his teeth brushed (yes, we are brushing his teeth and praying that he has better hygeine than his Mama) - he LOVES the toothpaste container. We have stopped one of his meds and are hoping he will be fine without it...we will stop the other med in the next few weeks...no more meds...that will be awesome! He has been eating well and we are hoping that we have bought our last bit of formula (fingers crossed all the way to the bank). We are going to bust out the milk this week and see how it goes. We are really hoping it goes well...now for the big debate...warm it or go cold turkey? Overall, another great week with our little guy!



We are constantly learning and we navigate our way through the journey of parenting. I have to not sweat the small stuff...why? Well, because it is just small stuff. Also, God calls us not to worry or to be anxious...so, then I shouldn't be. God is good...that is something I never want to forget.

We hope you all are doing well and we will continue to lift you all up in our prayers. Thank you so much for your prayers!

7 comments:

Filleman Family said...

LOVE those two last pictures in the blue plaid shirt - very cute! Can't wait to see that little guy running around with all the other boys.

Jen said...

So true about Walmart..I'm always thinking, how do they know that it is a requirement to throw a fit in this store??? ;)

Amy said...

Ahhh, the last pic is all too familiar. You go HUGH! My boys are actually the worst in Michael's or JoAnn's where it's very quiet and all the old ladies don't appreciate the noise.:) Warm or cold, I will pray that he loves milk like his cuzzies (and Williams friends).

AprilJ said...

As for Walmart, I SWEAR they pump something into the air in there that causes kids to go nuts.. at least the TX Wally-marts. LOL about Amy's warm milk comment...Kara STILL wants her milk warmed. Oh well, my fault.

Jason and Lisa said...

Great pics! I think "fits" are a requirement at Walmart. As far as warm or cold, cold is easier to get when out, on trips, etc. and nothing to break later. Either way like Amy said, hopefully he likes his milk.

Mindy said...

Your blog is so motivating and such a great idea. I want to commit to doing the same thing, but I am so bad a blogging!

Anyways, I love it. He has grown so much and I have learned so much!

Theresa said...

Just for the record, I don't want your weekly updates to end at 1!!! Really...from one of your five faithfuls--haha!