Saturday, November 14, 2009

All Things Small


So, I decided to post today and Jake told me I am still doing a weekly post...just not calling it a "weekly" post. Whatever. Hugh is a total boy. And, what does that mean? He thinks he can do anything. Like fit into really small spaces...under beds, under chairs, in his play cube...and the list goes on. So, rather than save him (I figure if he can get himself in...he can get himself out), I take pictures...because it is too funny. Why are boys made with the "I can do anything" gene? He is already thinking that he knows better than his Mama...well, he is crazy...just like his Mama.



We love this little boy. He is so fun and is so expressive. People are always commenting to me on his many expressions and his big eyes...we love it. He is too cute. He still loves to play outside and loves to get dirty. It so fun to watch him explore and watch him figure things out. Of course, being a boy, he needs to figure out how things work rather than just knowing they work. He is a biter...Jake thought it was funny to bite him and so Hugh thinks it is funny to bite people...well, Hugh bites like a dog and it hurts...hopefully he doesn't have rabies. He is getting so much better with stairs and has learned how to go down backwards...he is still learning, but so much better. He loves to mimic my faces...especially my smile with the BEAUTIFUL Johnson squinty eyes. I think he is really jealous that he doesn't have my squinty eyes...and can you blame him? Oh, and the blog curse struck me big time...he is a climber. He saw a little friend climbing in the nursery this past Sunday and I am sure was thinking, "I can totally do that. He does...he is having fun...so, why not?" Like I said, all boy...and we wouldn't want it any other way.




He has graduated from his feeding therapy appointments...praise God! God has been so faithful to grow and develop our little guy. He also had his first bottle in eight months that didn't have any thickener!!! This is HUGE progress and we are thinking that we are FINALLY past his swallowing issues...we'll know in a few weeks. He is showing some signs of dehydration and we are really working on it...always working on something. It is crazy how much stress and worry a little person can cause...and it amazing how much God can bring you to your knees and show you that He is who He said He is...and He wants you to depend upon Him. I remember telling one of my sister-in-laws (when I was pregnant) that I couldn't wait to have the baby so I could stop worrying...and she laughed and told me that the worrying hadn't even begun yet...so true. Thank God for His patience and love...we would be lost without it.



(Yep, still spitting at him for smiles.)

Oh, and this last one is a special picture for Jake...so cute...while playing with the electrical socket...whoopsy daisy.

8 comments:

Evy said...

He is such a cutie. I noticed that he wanted a piece of ice today at the party. It slipped out of his mouth and he looked down. I dont think he was done with that ice cube :(

Pam said...

Great post!!! So good to hear about his feeding progress!!

Amy said...

I love your stories. Good times with all boy...I have two that are "active" so if you need them to show Hugh anything I'll send them your way, k?:)

Theresa said...

Such cute stories...the "boy stuff" is so fun-I find I have to rely on Mike's input b/c many things just don't make sense to this Mama. Anyway, he is precious and I'm so glad the thickener days are OVER!! praise God!! and for all that He's taught you in a year!

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I love your continued weekly posts - it's great fun for those that live across the country!

I loved reading you quote today, "Thank God for His patience and love...we would be lost without it." Dan & I have been reflecting on that a lot lately - so true!

Mindy said...

You mean the worrying continues? I love your pictures and approach. Spitting and the lessons of hard knocks... Lol. Have a great week!

AprilJ said...

At least he's not putting anything metal in the electrical outlet!! Clay got a nice SHOCK doing that at Hugh's age. Yay for no more feeding therapies and no more thickeners :)

Heidi Marie said...

Those pictures of Hugh stuck in or under things made me laugh. Oh the true joy's of having an active boy!! I love it.