Sunday, November 22, 2009

They Come at Night...


The sickies that is...they always come at night...and not just "night"...the middle of the night. They came around 2AM and only stayed for a short time, but then they came at 4AM and didn't leave. Why do they ALWAYS come at night? Why not come in the late morning or mid afternoon? Oh, well. So, as I was holding our little guy in the middle of the night and I was thinking about how much I wanted to be sleeping...and then Christ reminded me to be thankful for the unexpected and to show compassion (Mark 6:31-37). I was reminded that I won't always be able to hold my baby and snuggle him...especially in his time of need. I was very convicted about how selfish I am and am so thankful that Christ has forgiven me...and continues to me forgive me...even when I am selfish. Honestly, Hugh seems just fine...congested and not eating (drinking...just not eating). Who knows...maybe it is teething?!? When in doubt, teething always works. We are hoping for a better night and that the sickies stay away (but not the teeth...we want (and Hugh needs) the teeth to come)!


We were excited to be able to be a part of our family dedication tonight at our church (no worries to any moms...we don't bring our "sick" baby into the nursery...we don't roll like that). We are so thankful God has blessed our family and it is our greatest desire to live for His glory and for our son to know Him. We desire to live this out everyday and for God to grab a hold of Hugh from a very young age. We are thankful to be a part of a church that is cross centered and we know we will be faithful to pray for our family.


And anything new? Not really. As Hugh approaches his thirteen month, he is still perfecting his crawling form. He still has to fit through every small space...the smaller the better. He has started pointing a lot...pointing is not rude to Hugh. So, we explain every item he points to. He still loves to play outside, loves to be silly, continues to be all boy (laughs every time he farts or burps...seriously, are boys just made that way?!?)...and we love him more and more each day!

5 comments:

AprilJ said...

LOL about Hugh laughing at his farts and burps.. we have a lot of that going on at our house right now as well. Here's hoping Hugh gets better fast!!

Melissa said...

Hey you can snuggle him in the middle of the night for a long time...that is how the Saylors roll. :)
He probably laughs at his farts and burps as a learned behavior, a parenting quote came to mind when I read this part of your blog, "when you want to figure out why your child does what he does, look and see what you do when he is doing it!" :)
Love you guys!

Filleman Family said...

ahhhh, very cute family picture! and I say snuggle away - that will be gone before you know it . . oh wait, my almost five year old still wants to be snuggled when sick - oh well, love it anyway :)

Heidi Marie said...

Sorry to hear that you have a sick boy! Seems like a lot of us stayed away from nursery last night because we too had sick kids! Made for an interesting night of trying to contain Noah...no luck...oh and I am truly thankful now that I still have a year and a half until our kids will need to sit through part of the service. Phew!

Cynthia said...

I love this picture of you guys! I hope Hubey is feeling better!