Friday, November 6, 2009

The Things We Will Do...


I wanted to get some cute shots of Hugh in his Flagstaff Fire t-shirt and of course Hugh wanted nothing to do with it. He was giving me the "Mama, you are crazy. Leave me alone." looks.


So, of course I started thinking of ways I could get him to smile. I started bebopping (you know, like rapping...yes, I am white, but I am so good at it...and dancing...you should see me dance...just ask my family, I think they still live in amazement of my skills) and playing a game called "Hubey's Shoes" (it is a game where I waive his shoe in front of him and say "Hubey's Shoes" and he tries to eat it...so, now the game sounds a little weird, but it made him laugh like crazy the other night). He gave me some half pity smiles with my attempts.


So, when all else fails...I spit at him.


Works every time.


Still no walking...still has absolutely zero interest. He watches other children and I am sure is thinking, "Good for them." We know he'll get there...or, he could be the kid who crawls into kindergarten with his bottle (no, we haven't even thought about starting to break that habit). So, we just let him crawl all over the place and let him get filthy...and Jake learns to relax knowing that he is crawling all over the ground during swine flu season...ah, such is life.

8 comments:

Jen said...

You are too funny! "So I just spit at him"...you crack me up. :)

AprilJ said...

Hubey's shoes sounds like the game we play with George the bird.. where he growls at the shoes. Interesting :) And I feel like letting him crawl on the floor during flu season is actually strengthening his immune system to help him stay healthy. It's working for us!! Love you.

Amy said...

you are so funny! Walking and getting rid of the bottle makes them less of a baby. Don't rush it momma :).

Cristina said...

Doménica started walking at 17 months, be patient!

Jason and Lisa said...

Spitting at him, too funny. Look at his crawling this way...they say that the longer a child crawls the better they read. Not sure if its true or not. Also, Hugh will walk when he's ready. Anywhere from 10-18 months is "normal." Both E and G, were 15 months. And as Amy said, don't rush it. They are only a baby for a short time.

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I laughed outloud at the spitting part of your story. Too funny!!

Filleman Family said...

I was so worried that I wasn't going to get my Sunday Saylor blog fix - but alas, you came through! :) I totally think he is giving you a look in the first pictures - very funny - one smart little cookie behind that grin.

Theresa said...

Yes, the things we do for a smile!! So worth it though! You are funny, and since I never see Hugh I'm glad to stay "connected" with him on your blog. Ryan never took a bottle, but he still has a pacifier at age 3....just use me as your standard and you'll always be a good parent!!;)