Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas!

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isa. 9:6)


We are so thankful to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour! We really try to remember the reason why we celebrate Christmas...Jesus Christ. We are trying to start family traditions and deciding how we are going to handle presents, Santa (or no Santa), and everything...it is a lot to discuss and decide. At the end of it all, we just want Hugh to know the true meaning of Christmas - we pray and hope we will model this to him. Hopefully, he doesn't see my tantrums when Santa doesn't bring me what I asked for...kidding.


So, one tradition we are starting is one present for each child (right now, just Hugh) and eventually, we'll do small stockings for our children. So, we went all McDonald's over in the Saylor Crib and got Hugh a play tent/tunnel with lots of balls...yep, think play area at McDonald's...it is awesome (I must have been REALLY tired when I ordered this...kidding!). Hugh loves it and it can fit into really compact bags (except for the super fun balls)...just wish I could figure out how to get them to be compact. I got a bike and bike trailer...they are awesome. Just wish I could ride a bike like I was ten again. He cleaned up at his Grandparent's and got lots of wonderful gifts. He got some awesome flashcards - they have the word in five different languages...Jake and I will be fluent in Spanish, French, and German before we know it...well, at least we'll know all the colors and farm animals. We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas with lots of family...we missed our family who do not reside in Arizona...and this was the first Christmas in thirty years that I didn't see my parents! They had a wonderful time in Alaska and we were glad they were able to be with my brother and his family. So, we'll have another round of Christmas with my parents! We are so blessed!


Hugh is doing so much better with his walking...he really started to pick up on Christmas Eve. We think he was trying to show off for his Aunt Melissa...guess he has a thing for blonds. So, maybe we will have a walker soon. Ah, we love this sweet baby! So, we debated on going to Zoo Lights this year and at the last minute, we decided against it...and went to Glendale Glitters. It was the better decision...for sure. All Hugh wanted to do was crawl around and be crazy...glad we saved ourselves the money...better to be crazy for free. Maybe we'll venture to Zoo Lights next year...we'll see...still betting our son will be crazy...for sure.


Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

9 comments:

Filleman Family said...

ohhhhh, the balls . . . really?? I guess maybe with one kid they wouldn't make me too crazy. I already hauled those ones G got for his birthday to Goodwill. Mean mommy I know :) Cute little Christmas outfit on Hubey - handsome boy.

Jen said...

I love the tunnel/ball pit toys...I hope it doesn't drive you too crazy! ...I need to pull mine back out for the girls again, it's been a while since they've gotten to play with it. :)

The pic w/Hugh in the stroller is adorable!

Amy said...

we realized too late that we forgot about Glendale Glitters this year. The boys loved it last year - but mostly seeing the Clydesdales pulling the wagons!

Aunt April said...

Oooh, Clay would STILL love a ball pit. Good call :) Sounds like you had a great Christmas. Thanks for loaning out the grandparents. We've had a great time.

Melissa said...

Cute Pictures. I feel like he was walking for me too, I have a thing for him as well. :)

Mindy said...

You are such a beautiful family!

Cristina said...

We also went to Glendale this year for the first time and had a good time! Gabriel's favorite part was getting a light saber... we also do just one present for each of our kids...keeps it simple... Santa doesn't want to be overwhelmed when she goes shopping...:o)

Heidi Marie said...

Oh my he is growing up Jenn! When I see these pics I realized that I have not seen Hugh for a long time...I am sure I mentioned this before but our family had a late walker too. So I have a soft spot for those that choose to walk late...and now we have moved on from having a walker to a faller:0) Fun times.

Theresa said...

Such cute pictures! Glad you had a nice Christmas!