Sunday, December 13, 2009

Steps...(as in Multiple)


Yep, he has taken multiple steps. He is so cute when he does...all shaky (kind of like how you walk after someone spins you round and round)...we are so proud. And then I got the Facebook curse (really only thought there was a blog curse), and he doesn't really want to do his "steps" any longer. Oh well, we know he'll give up the speed crawling one day...however, that would mean he would have to give up his semi-pro career in hand soccer and that would be a bummer. We had his "big" test at PCH this past Monday and unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of change. The radiologist actually stopped the test because he saw him aspirate (the liquid going down the airway and not coming back out). Hugh didn't seem to notice. God has protected this child from any respiratory problems, which we are very thankful for. We are back to 100% thickeners with everything now because of the true aspiration. So, we'll meet with GI and determine the next step. We don't really think we want to continue the tests because of the radiation he is exposed to, but we'll see. Thanks to you all for your prayers...we really appreciate them.


So, besides the steps (as in multiple)...what else is new with Hugh? Well, he loves the Christmas tree, which is being protected from Hugh (finally found a good use for his super fun play yard). He likes to try and pull ornaments off the tree or throw things into his super fun play yard. He loves dogs...and Jake almost talked to me into getting one...cutest Bullmastiff...loved her...oh, and then I woke up and realized that I don't EVER want a dog (don't worry, it was just a brief lapse in my better judgement...it happens from time to time...oh, like today when I put my rings on top of the car because I didn't want them to get sticky when I put gel in Hugh's hair (yep, so vain...he practically begged me for the gel)...and then when we were a mile from the house, I noticed I wasn't wearing my rings...shoot. God is gracious to me and my rings were in the exact same spot on the car roof.). He has this new fake laugh he likes to show off, it is very funny. He has finally learned how to give hugs...or a Hubey hug, which is him laying his head down on you or anything...his puppy, his bike, his blanket, the couch, the floor, whatever. Honestly, I love it...melts my heart!


We are so blessed this Christmas season!

4 comments:

Heidi Marie said...

Way to go Hugh! Taking steps...soon you will be outrunning your mom and dad, oh what a sight (and fun for us other mommies with busy kids to see) that will be. Love the picture of the tree, gated off, looks like now he wants to be inside of it.

Amy said...

Yay for Hugh! Soon he will be running...away from you. Gotta love the speed crawling, really he should win an award. have you ever timed him? The rings on the car really hit home...I am currently praying for God's grace on my rings as well. I am confident that if they are lost for good I will never wear a diamond again. I think they fell into the same abyss as my keys...

AprilJ said...

Reading about your rings made me sweat... I have had a lot of close calls myself. Yes, Hubey will be running before you know it and you will wish for speed crawling again as it is easier to keep up with them :) Love the idea of a gate around the tree....that will be useful for YEARS!

Cynthia said...

Look at those cute little buckers he has! He's getting so big. I'm sure someday you'll change your mind about a dog. I think you mentioned something about feeling deprived in your childhood due to never having had one? Yeah I think that's what you said :)