Monday, February 1, 2010

Yep, still lazy...

So, I know I swore I would be better about blogging, but then I realized that I am still lazy...darned laziness. I do enjoy reading other people's blogs...just sometimes get lazy when it comes to my own. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.


So, what crazy excitement has happened in the Saylor household? Well, Jake left us for a week and came back with swag...yep, like the party bags people get at the Oscars or Emmys...my husband is that cool and he gets swag. What is this so-called swag? A Flip camera...love it. So, now you all can enjoy videos of our amazing child in addition to pictures...and yes, now your lives are complete. Remember that I am a amateur and the videos are a little Blair Witch...I will get better. So, I guess the swag was the prize for Jake being gone all week...Jake, we love you, but you can leave any time and bring us home swag...just the good stuff (kidding...we would rather you be home, but swag is nice).

video

So, while Jake was away...we enjoyed time with family and Hugh enjoyed the rain. He had to be very boy and find all the puddles and jump in them. I do love to see him be all boy (I am sure I'll be regretting this statement when he is peeing on the wall). We met our new doctors...PCH is a teaching hospital so you get LOTS of doctors, but we like the new docs. Hugh is now 32in. and 23lbs. 11oz. - chunky monkey! He is doing great! And then Jake came home and all was right in Hugh's world again. If I haven't mentioned it before, Hugh is a HUGE Daddy's boy and needs his Dada for all to be right in his world. Honestly, I need Jake too for all to be right in my world. So, now you have my first missed week of blogging.


Now, what happened this past week? Hugh got a cold...bummer. He is fine. We have learned that he has a very sensitive gag reflex...just like me...I blessed him with all the good things. And how did we learn about his sensitive gag reflex? Well, he had a small bout of vomit (I know some of you love that word so I'll keep using it over and over again) on Friday from coughing so hard. He was fine. Well, on Saturday night we watched Hugh on the camera vomit in his crib. So, we went in to investigate. I pick him up and Jake suggests we change the sheet...I, of course, say, "It is a just a little bit...we don't need to change the sheets." Yep, I am a wonderful mother...don't judge me. So, I am holding Hugh and he vomits a little on me...no big deal, it happens. Oh, and then he vomits ALL over me. So, for a moment I think it is going to be a Stand By Me moment and I will start vomiting. However, after a slight gag...I was fine. I didn't drop him or start screaming (which is what I thought I would do if this ever happened)...I stood there and comforted him...I guess I have arrived, I am a mom. The best part was, while we are cleaning up, Jake says to me, "Did he eat onions?" Nope, those are apples. I know, I know...too much information, but so funny. Hugh was completely fine, just a little bit shocked by everything. Since he hasn't been feeling well, we have allowed for a lot more "nukie" time and blanket time. He is a blanket kid and we have nicknamed him Linus for his love for the blanket. Oh, and he has another tooth...that makes eleven teeth.


Honestly, last week was spent inside for the most part because of the cold and we didn't do much. Hugh still LOVES books and has the ability to find the same book (over and over again) when you throw the book...he likes to fetch it (over and over again). He is doing awesome with his signs and does not say a single word...at all. We are fine with the silence...we know it won't last forever. He still loves being outside and just wants to walk everywhere. He would rather walk everywhere around the playground than actually play on the playground. He is still choosy as all get out when it comes to food, but will eat some different things. He will still not eat a single vegetable, but no worries...he still gets everything he needs in a gummy-vite. He is silly, desires to be independent (but still can be clingy), loves to give hugs, points for everything, learning so much everyday (it amazes me), expresses himself like a gorilla (that does not amaze me), and honestly, is the best! We love this baby and thank God for His incredible faithfulness in our lives everyday.


We hope you all are doing well. Hopefully, my laziness will go away and I'll be better about blogging...here is to hoping.

6 comments:

Filleman Family said...

THANK YOU! killing me with the lack of blogging:) - how big does Hubey look in that top picture! Crazy. And the flip camera - very fun. My favorite is how awesome we moms sound trying to think of something weird to say while filming and it is so loud because we are right next to the camera - awesome! you are talented. I can't figure out how to add video.

Heidi Marie said...

Glad to have you back to blogging! I love your Hugh stories..the vomit one, classic. He is looking so big!

Amy said...

I love that you caught Jake's sound effects on camera - awesome! He looks great!

Pam said...

So good to see pictures of Hugh. I still remember watching you rock him the nursery. I can't believe how big he's getting.

AprilJ said...

Ooooh, I love that Hugh has a sensitive gag reflex. He must have gotten that from me... and both of my kids are blanket kids (which may make you want to take it away from him) and I think it is so sweet!

Theresa said...

Such sweet stories and as always CUTE BOY!!! So I'm glad I'm not the only lame blogger lately...so hard to keep up with these days for me...