Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Times...


So, last weekend we went to the Ostrich Festival (a definite carnie event), but we all had fun...lots of cousins and friends, which always makes it more fun. We put (threw) Hugh on some rides that were probably a little too big for him (like a roller coaster), but hey, why not? It was all in good fun. Maybe he'll be a thrill seeker...who knows? I used to be one...until I decided that getting thrown around like a rag doll wasn't fun and I also had a really bad experience for our first wedding anniversary at a Six Flags...you'll have to ask Jake the story, I know it is one of his favorites. Overall, it was a good time and Hugh was completely exhausted after it all.


We went ahead and purchased Hugh's future birthday and Christmas gifts (I am sure Jake will remind me of this when I just need to buy him something)...bought him a very cute playhouse. Our friends have one and Hugh loves it, so I am really big on gifts that can last thru children...this one is perfect. He has a great time playing with it...especially opening and closing the door and sitting on the front porch. Jake and I also had a lot of fun putting it together...we are quite a team. Jake thinks I am the best helper...just ask him.


Hugh continues to be Daddy's boy...seriously. Hugh LOVES Jake...everything about him. When Jake is home, we call Hugh Jake's shadow because Hugh is on Jake's every step. When I was pregnant with Hugh, I prayed that the baby (boy or girl) would have a very special relationship with Jake. It was my heart's desire to see them be so close...I pray this same thing for the child I am carrying now. So, even though Hugh will sometimes cry when I take him from Jake (gives me that warm, fuzzy feeling), it melts my heart to see how much Hugh wants to be just like Daddy. And Jake is the best Daddy...what a huge answer to prayer!


So, since Hugh wants to be just like Jake...he has to garden with Jake. He stays right by Jake the whole time and watches his every move...and "helps" whenever he gets the chance. We stripped him down this past weekend to let him get dirty and we pulled out a water toy for him...not sure how much he loved being sprayed by the hose, but he loved getting dirty. He is such a boy!


We absolutely love this boy. We continue to see his personality come out more and more. He continues to work on his words and hearing his sweet voice is so awesome. And our other baby...I am getting sick a lot less, which is great. I am also feeling the baby move, which is so awesome. You can't help but be in total awe of God's creation...it truly is amazing. We have our big ultrasound in a few weeks...time to find out what we are having...luckily, we already know due to previous ultrasounds...the techs and doctors have confirmed that it is definitely a human baby...we were worried!


Hope everyone is well and getting ready for summer...yep, we are already there...yikes!

8 comments:

Filleman Family said...

Glad you guys got the playhouse before it gets too hot to use it. The pictures are very cute. I think it is very precious that Hubey loves his Daddy so much.

Evy said...

That's so cute! I love that Landon loves his daddy so much too! It's a special thing when our spouse is so good with children. Hugh has turned into such a little boy. He doesnt even have a tint of a baby look to him. I think Landon is almost to that point too :(.

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I love the super cute pictures!

Amy said...

Is that a playhouse likw what Buzz built? Very cool! Daddy/son relationships are very precious, indeed!

AprilJ said...

Yep, now you need AC and a doorbell, as well as an outlet for a Christmas tree.. oh, and a faucet nearby for good measure. You never know when kids want to "clean" a playhouse. Hugh looks like he's doubled in size in less than 2 months!

Melissa said...

Looks like you guys had a fun week! :) I didn't know the playhouse was like the one Buzz built, I'm impressed that you all built that!

Cynthia said...

I love the last pic of Hubey all smiley with Jake in the garden!

Heidi said...

so we aren't the only ones that buy birthday presents months in advance (I am hoping Kelly forgets about the water table). he is such a sweet boy and gardening with his dad? how fun.