Monday, April 5, 2010

Hoppy Easter!


Well, we started Easter the weekend before with a pre-hunt since Jake's parents were going to be in Flag (also, a pre-hunt is needed for the Johnson side of the egg hunt...you see, people get a little rough and we needed Hugh to be ready for some elbows and half-nelsons)...I would have blogged about it sooner, but I am really lazy (try having a toddler and being pregnant...oh wait, y'all have...keep your judgments to yourself). So, now for one long post and lots of pics. He caught on fairly quickly, but preferred opening the eggs to see what was inside as soon as he grabbed them...which happened to be small, toxic items he could swallow and M&Ms...I read other mom's blogs and they put animal crackers and gold fish in their toddler eggs...oh, now I get it. Whatever. He had a great time and it was fun to watch him run all around.




We celebrated Easter at an outside church service in the morning - it was beautiful and we are so thankful for our church body - God has really blessed us. After church, we did our normal Tour de Phoenix...with approximately two and half hours drive time in the car (not including the church drive). Luckily, Hugh doesn't mind the car (and yes, he still faces backwards...eighteen months is right around the corner). I really don't mind it at all...and well, Jake, he loves every minute of it. We love getting to see all of our family...so, we wouldn't trade it for anything. Hugh had a great time in Buckeye (getting to his farming roots...wish I would have got some pics of him in the John Deere tractor (mini)...but I was recovering from having to run with it since I had to push the gas pedal...and yes, run...them Saylors know how to do it right and they pull the governors off of the motorized, toy vehicles). He found some eggs there (or, I should say some dirt since he would dump the contents of the egg on the ground and eat from the ground) and had a blast running around everywhere and being the life of the party...he got lots of attention and he ate it up (total flirt). We also had a wonderful time with my side of the family with a wonderful hunt and lots of cousins. My aunt and uncle's home is a bit kid unfriendly (open pool (almost had a pool scare...didn't really notice, but could hear Michelle gasp from across the yard...at least someone is watching Hugh), ground level fire pits, a dog that snaps at all children, etc.), but it is a lot of fun and he had a lot of fun. We were nervous he was going to lose it at some point since he was napless (and on a sugar high after eating through a package of M&Ms and my dad feeding him sweetarts like they were vitamins), but he recovered nicely and became his usual slap happy self when he gets really tired. It was fun to see all the cousins...they are so cute together and everyone gets along so nicely (most of the time). Easter was wonderful and thank God for sending His Son to die for us and raising Him up again...praise God!


Hugh update...well, crazy as ever. He is getting to be such a big boy and I am really starting to see it...even though, I still won't cut his hair (which happens to be thin...like Jake's...further confirmation that he is his father's son). He loves to run wild, explore, test limits (like running from me and laughing when I tell him to come...that is awesome), be silly, and the list goes on. He has been on a food strike (something about protesting Obamacare...kidding, I couldn't resist), but it looks like he is coming back from that...he is a toddler, what can I say. He loves to play in the afternoon with all the kids from our street (we have a great street) and they are so good with him. He is sweet and fun and hard to resist...even when he is so mischievous. He is super smart...knows all the main body parts and the sounds of about seven animals (however, turkey, duck, and rooster can all sound really similar, but we know what he means...also, he used to say "mmm" for cow and now he says "ma ma" for cow...I guess he is watching when I eat an entire box of chocolate). He also does a mean growl when you tell him "show me tough"...and a really awesome (scary) clown face for, "Show me patience and a happy heart." Funny thing about the clown face is that he's mimicking what I do...I smile at him and tell him that this is what patience and a happy heart looks like...I honestly wonder what goes through his mind when he watches me...clearly, something gets lost in translation...we will get this on camera this week...it is very funny. Sometimes, I didn't think I could love him any more...but yet I do...everyday my heart grows bigger for him...even on the really hard days.


And the baby to be named in August (I am really trying to talk Jake into throwing some names into a hat and choosing the name of this child that way...I think the idea is growing on him)...everything is great. I am starting to get big and once that happens there is no turning back. And I get big, like really big...like so big people would say to me, "Wow, any day now." when I was like thirty-two weeks pregnant. Yep, awesome...don't worry, I won't post any pictures of my bigness. Jake has started to feel the baby move...so fun, we really love this part. Oh, and I am not sick anymore...sometimes, I still don't feel great at night and I have the eating habits of a fourteen year-old boy (that will really pay off when I need to fit into a bridesmaid dress after giving birth)...but I count my blessings. Thanks to everyone for your prayers...they are appreciated.


We hope you all are doing well. Hope everyone had a very Hoppy Easter from all the Hoppy Saylors (cheesy, I know...and I don't care)!

8 comments:

Filleman Family said...

I seriously laughed out loud about 7 times in this post. The ma-ma for cow sound is the best crack up! What a handsome boy he was for Easter. Sweet heart! (And I think you meant to say "I couldn't love him any more" not "I couldn't love him anymore" - had to read that twice to make sure you weren't mad at Hubey :)

Jenn Saylor said...

Good call - Michelle...all fixed!

AprilJ said...

I had to laugh at the description of Mar and Jer's yard. I never thought of it like that until I had children..So sad. Glad you guys had a good day. Hugh did look very dapper for Easter. So cute.

Heidi said...

um love the converse shoes and tie. now that is a cute easter outfit (seriously was disappointed with stores this year and their idea of a stylin boy's easter outfit). Hugh is always cuteness though.

Cynthia said...

Michelle I read the same thing!!! LOL I loved this post and I especially love the great pic of our parents with the grandkiddos. I'm interested in hearing your name choices!!! love you guys

Evy said...

Haha!!! You are so funny! Made Daniel and me laugh at some of the things you said in your blog. Hugh is such a cute, big boy! I'm so glad everything is going well with your pregnancy and that the sickness is gone.

Dos said...

I can't believe how BIG Hugh looks in these pics! So, the pick a name out of the hat idea...how do you do that if you don't know the sex? Does this mean your girl could be named Richard? ~Amy :)

Theresa said...

Such cute pics! Agree w/Amy, Hugh looks SO big in the pics! :( He's such a sweet "baby"! I also LOVE the shot of your parents w/all the kids...that for sure needs to be framed! Is that your new camera? Awesome pic!