Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big Boy


Yep, the transition is done...Hubey is in his big boy bed in his big boy room. We cannot believe he is going to be two in three months! Crazy how time flies. So, we are praying he stays in his bed and it isn't a rough transition. I think nap time may be another story.





We still have a little more work to do on the room - books, bins, etc., but we are happy with how it all turned out (Jake worked very hard.).


And yes, that is a large body pillow...and yes, we believe it will keep him from falling out (as we are watching him on the camera, he has almost kicked the pillow off...yep, it will work...for sure).


What happened to our baby?!?

7 comments:

Jason and Lisa said...

So cute! I'm sure he'll do great! We did the same thing with a body pillow and Grant DID fall out so now I have two rails. Not fun hearing your child wimper/cry at 1:30 AM. Fortunately, he never fully woke up so he went right back to sleep. However, in the morning he had other cuts/scrapes I didn't see when I got him at 1:30. Hopefully, Hugh doesn't fall out.

AprilJ said...

Doesn't moving to the big kid bed make a kid seem smaller all of a sudden?? We kept Clay in his crib until he was 3! We had rails to keep them in... though Kara wandered for a week or two, we'd find her in the living room in the AM. Parents of the year.

Melissa said...

Yeah! Hubey! I think it is a good idea to get him moved before the baby comes. We moved Eli at 18 months and I remember thinking he was such a big boy and now when I look back at the pictures he was still a baby!! I agree with April, they look so big in their crib and then when you put them in the bed they look SO little again. He still looks like a sweet little guy to me :)

Theresa said...

wow! big boy bed!! that is so exciting; I bet he'll do great! the room is very cute! one step closer to baby coming-yeah!

The Martins said...

Love the stripes!

Nathan still sleeps with a rolled up beach towel or bolster pillow UNDER the sheet next to him to keep him from rolling out since he moves so much.

The excitement of big brother-dom has officially begun!

Cynthia said...

I love how the room turned out! The body pillow is something he should get used to anyway. I finally got rid of mine once I got married. Apparently there isn't enough room in a queen sized bed for me, the hubby, and the body pillow. Hubey is going to be a great big brother!!!

Heidi Marie said...

His new room is gorgeous! I love the colors. We have yet to transition to a big boy bed. Maybe you have some great pointers? So does this also mean the nursery is decorated differently? Are you saving pictures of that for when the baby arrives?