Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome Our Little Lion!


We welcomed our new SON, Judah Jacob (we'll most likely call him Jude), at around noon on August 23, 2010! We officially became a family of four...two little boys! We cannot believe we have two kids now, but we do - that we know for certain. And two boys! So, I really had a "gut" feeling we were having a girl...clearly, I cannot trust my gut. We are very excited about having a second boy - Hubey's new best-friend (neither one of them know this yet, but I just know they will best of friends). We praise God for our new son, our little lion!



So, you all want the low down dirty details on the birth - ask Melissa for the video (kidding, there was no video - at least there better not be any video). So, I started feeling contractions around 9:30PM on Sunday night and started thinking these felt a little different than the contractions I had been feeling earlier in the week. So, I started cleaning (because what else would I do?) and tried to sleep...by 12:30AM, I woke up Jake and told him these were the real deal. We started sending texts and making calls to find someone to watch Hubey. I was determined to labor at home longer this time, but that didn't happen. We got to the hospital around 3AM...and I was dilated to a four...bummer. So, that admitted me, but they wanted to monitor me, which totally stalled my labor and I was still a four at 7:30AM. Needless to say, I was sad...very sad. Also, I should mention that my sister, Cindy, sister-in-law, Melissa, and Mom all got to hospital around 4AM because we were all sure this baby would be born by 6AM...wrong, very wrong...all very tired. So, they stop monitoring me and I get to walking...a lot. I am thankful for Melissa, Cindy, and my mom - Melissa and Cindy kept me very entertained (the Youtube video about the iPhone 4 made me laugh). And, I find out that my doctor cannot deliver the baby due to a scheduling conflict...awesome. However, God is so faithful and the midwife that delivered Hubey was on call...she is AMAZING! So, we were thankful she was on. She came in around 9AM and said, "Maybe today is not the day for this baby to come." What?!? Are you crazy?!? Send me home?!? I was freaking a little on the inside. So, she checks me and I am a seven...oh yeah, a seven...not going home. So, I get back to the walking - determined to walk this baby out of me. And things started to get a little painful, so the walking didn't last too long. So, to the bed I went...you know to "rest" at seven plus centimeters. And my nurses REALLY wanted me to try some their "magic" tricks...like the shower (kid you not, they offered the magic shower to me about a hundred times...we were all laughing), the magic rocking chair, and magic peanut - well, I went with the magic peanut. He became a part of the group...lots of fun. When you all are sitting around waiting for a baby and none of you have had sleep in over twenty-four hours, you start to get a little slap happy. Well, I can say the last couple hours of labor were painful...but nothing compared to Hubey (NOTHING). I just remember saying to myself, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...over and over again. I also told myself that I would never survive two hours of pushing (like I did with Hubey) due to no sleep. Well, God is faithful and after about two or three pushes...Judah was born...all 6lbs. 8oz. and 19in. of him! Praise God! All I can say is...oh wow, that felt so much better...SO MUCH BETTER! My labor with Hugh took everything out of me...EVERYTHING, which I then felt for the next three weeks...this one, not so bad. We are very thankful. I had an AMAZING coach - Jake was seriously AMAZING and I am so thankful for him. It was also great having Melissa and Cindy with us - they were great as well. So, a very different experience this time...an all nighter, but totally worth it. Oh, and yes - he is a mini Hubey...those Saylor genes are so strong!


So, now we are home...adjusting. Reality is setting in and the thought of myself alone with two kids scares me a little (or a whole lot). God is faithful and I know I'll be fine. I am having all the joys of remembering breastfeeding...oh, how I have missed that...ah, no. So, my ladies will be hamburger patties here soon enough (I know, I know...too much information, but it is MY blog), and yes, I know - if it hurts, then I don't have the right latch...whatever, how can this not hurt?!? I am still recovering, but my pain is very minimal. And, we are just trying to figure out life with children rather than child. Hubey is doing great...loves to steal Judah's nukie and night night...he just needs a hit to get his fix and then he gives them back. We'll see how the next week goes. We are hoping for a sweet (gentle) older brother. So, I am sure I will be getting on the crazy train soon...with no sleep, I tend to buy my tickets very early...and multiple tickets. Let the weekly posts begin! (Sorry, if this post is already a little crazy...I am running on very little sleep.)



We praise God for our family! He is so faithful. Thank you all for your prayers!


11 comments:

AprilJ said...

Yay for baby Judah!! I had a dream on Sunday night that you had a baby boy.. then you did! Whacky!!! He's a cutie. I'm glad you did not go into labor last Sunday night when we were leaving, that would have made it sadder to not meet him right away. Good job, momma. Enjoy breastfeeding.

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

I love love love the pics!! Your family is beautiful!

beccaluvsafrica said...

Jenn, thanks for posting right away! I'm so impressed! I loved reading the story of the labor and all the funny details you threw in there...you make me laugh! Glad you guys are doing well...love the pics too! Such a cute baby...he's definitely got good genes ;) Love and miss you guys! xx

Amy said...

We love you sweet Judah! Thanks for taking it easier on your momma! :)

The Martins said...

Sweet, sweet boy! He is just precious!
And we KNOW that crazy train! Woo Woo! (Repeat: i can do all things through Christ, I can do all things through Christ... :) )

Jen said...

You are hilarious! Beautiful pictures, what a cutie pie Jude is, I can't wait to meet him. :)

Pam said...

So happy for you guys!! Love the pictures...and you look fabulous Jenn!! By the way, I had that "it's a girl" feeling with Isaiah, too.

Cristina said...

Congrats, excited to meet him next week!

Brooke said...

Yay! Welcome baby Judah! (LOVE the name by the way, it's on my list too :). Hope you get some rest and good snuggle time. Love you guys!

Mindy said...

He is so sweet! And I want to say he looks like you. Let me know when I can come visit and bring you lunch!

Cynthia said...

What a gift you gave me allowing me to be a part of your birthing experience. It was truly unforgettable. You look so beautiful! I am so happy for your growing family. Lots of love!!! Let me know what day is good to come over, I can watch the kids so you can get take a shower :)