Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


Week fourteen equals Happy Thanksgiving! Well, not really…in our lives, week fourteen equaled tough week! Judah did not celebrate his first Thanksgiving due to his big brother being sick…there was no happy for us on Thanksgiving…so, it was an ordinary Thursday for us. Hopefully, he won’t be scarred for life over this (I may be a little scarred…missing my first Thanksgiving that I can remember…I appreciate all the sympathy)…we all know I don’t need another thing to come up in future years of therapy. And to add insult to injury, both boys now have colds. Ah, the joys of parenting…so awesome at times. So, we are trying to get back to normal…hoping for it after a very LONG week!


So, what did week fourteen week? Well, it brought a tough and long week…already stated above, but needed to be stated again. Our rockstar sleeper left us this week…he now starts screaming about thirty minutes into EVERY.SINGLE.NAP! Seriously, what happened?!? It is really hard to listen to him scream and not know what the problem is…we are venturing to the doctor for some answers (maybe an increase in meds or try a different med). So, we are still trying to figure out the best schedule for him…I think we just have children that resist the Babywise method…ah, sigh. And we have children who just don’t wake up hungry…so strange. He is starting to resist eating, which puts us into panic mode…and then we realize we just need to relax and trust in God. We know this little guy doesn’t have the same issues that Hugh had, but it is hard some times not to jump to those conclusions. And we need to realize that sometimes we won’t be able to figure everything out…and that is okay (still working on that one). He is still happy with lots of smiles and giggles…sometimes, I think the peaceful naps are more for me than for him. Sometimes, it feels like these types of weeks really (REALLY) drag, but I know they don’t go by any slower than the week before…just sure feels like it. He can move himself ALL over the crib even in a swaddle…guess it is time to toss out all the pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals out of the crib…yes, as you all know I seem to have no fear of letting my boys sleep with a million things in their cribs plus a crib bumper (I wouldn’t want them to be lonely at night), but if they don’t get enough ounces during the day…I freak out. Judah seems like he wants to sit-up, what he doesn’t understand is that he needs to embrace tummy time to be able to do this…yep, still hates tummy time…I am surprised he doesn’t have a flat head. He loves to stare at his mobile and has been getting some quality crib time lately due to the lack of naps. He is still super ticklish and I love it…I am sure I border on torturing him…I birthed him, so I can do what I want with him. He is slowly starting to open his hands more…thought for sure he would keep his fists forever…he has started reaching for toys. We busted out the Bumbo this week…ah, yeah. Not sure if he is a big fan, but Hugh was all over it…remembering all the good times fo’ sure. He got to experience his first tree decorating experience…super exciting. I think he is starting to look a lot different than Hugh, the crazy thing is…he looks more and more like Jake (with my eyes)…I thought Hugh was Jake’s mini-me…looks like Judah is going to steal that one from Hugh. Glad I find my husband attractive, or I don’t know what I would think of my boys…kidding! Hopefully, we’ll be able to break his terrible sleeping patterns right now and get back on track next week…we’ll see.


So, I know these weeks happen…but they are tough! Makes me want to check out of being a mom at times and just run. I thankful God provides the grace and patience we need everyday…it is just a matter of me seeking Him first in all things (doesn’t happen all the time). So, here is hoping for a better week…but knowing and trusting God will have me right where He wants me to be!


Thanks to you all for your prayers!

3 comments:

AprilJ said...

Sorry you're still battling sickness at your house.. I think we've just entered full-fledged sick house today at mine. *sigh* Maybe this Thursday can be your Thanksgiving thursday?? Jake can make you the whole meal?? Just a thought :)

Evy said...

Awww... this week Judah looks like a good mix of both you and Jake. What a cutie pie.

Heidi Cassaday said...

Hey he looks like he's doing great at tummy time! No crying at that moment! Such a cute little boy...