Monday, December 20, 2010

Waiting...


Well, it has been better this week…the napping that is…in week seventeen, not 100%...and some days are better than other days…for sure. And yes, possibly I busted out the swing again…a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. Some people would say I lost the last two weeks of sleep training by bringing the swing back out…oh, well…that is how we roll and we are okay with it. I am still just trying to figure it all out. I appreciate the lots of wisdom that I have been given the last week and the resources I have looked at…very appreciative of it all. I realized God knows when my little guy needs to sleep for my sanity…on crazy, busy days when I have a million things going on (and lots of people over)…he sleeps…praise God! I also realized that I would have nothing to write about on my blog if I didn’t have some diatribe…not eating with Hubey and now it is not sleeping with Judah. Got to have something to write about…always. Thanks to you all for the prayers – we appreciate them!


So, what did week seventeen bring? Well, it brought his first sleepover with his cousins…not sure if he really noticed all the craziness, but I know he has lots of love for his crazy cousins. They are all very sweet with him. He is really starting to notice when we are eating and drinking – starting to reach and grab for it…just the other day, he grabbed a tamale right off my plate…love my spicy baby. However, I still think we are going to wait another couple of months before we start the solids. We’ll see what the doctor recommends, but I am leaning towards the delay. He is starting to play more…well, as much playing that one can do while lying on their backs all day. He has started reaching for whatever he can when he is sitting in his Bumbo...on the counter (shame on us, I know). He loves to just stare at people until they look at him…so cute. We are actually starting to think he may have blue eyes (fingers crossed). He seems fine with tummy time now and normally will always roll over to his back. He is trying so hard to roll to his tummy…I think it is a few weeks out. He still has a love affair with his hands (glad to see he still has all ten fingers) and I hear myself say several times a day that life would be easier if he would just take a pacifier…not going to happen…ever…sad day. He drools…all day…think it has to do with the hands always in the mouth. He still spits up a lot, but he also eats a lot...he is appreciative of all my hard work with pumping (someone should be). Obviously, we are still trying to work on the best schedule for him…we’ll get there and I know that…so, I wait patiently (sometimes). Aside from his napping still not being the greatest, he is sweet…so sweet. I could seriously cuddle and love on this little boy all day…he makes it so easy. He has these cheeks that are so great – love the chubby cheeks! We have been so blessed by this little boy!


And what did week seventeen bring for me? My worst day ever. I broke one of the tubes on my pump…while pumping in the car…at church. It was fantastic. You see, for us EP’s (Exclusive Pumpers…yes, we have a name…google it), a tube breaking is tragic…positively tragic. Luckily, Babies-R-Us was right around the corner. Oh, they don’t sell Medela tubing…it can only be ordered from Medela…freaking out at this point. So, we race home to get my other pump (you see, our kids were still at church while we ran home…yep, we were that couple that drops their kids off at church for free childcare and then goes to run errands…we are thinking about doing it again…AND we needed to race back because Hugh was having a performance in his class and what type of parents would we have been if we missed it?!? Horrible ones!!!), but really don’t know if the other pump will work. Well, it did…so Mr. Pump #1 is back and badder than ever. However, new tubing is coming for Mr. Pump #2 (aka Super Pumper). So, all this to say that the crisis was adverted, but I kept saying to Jake that it was my worst day ever (obviously, it wasn’t)…oh, and we made it to Hugh’s performance…he was ah-mazing. Oh, and now I have so many pumps I don’t know what to do with myself. We are thankful for your prayers and so thankful for God’s grace in our lives!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice final picture, is TJ drunk!!!?? I didn't know that how you "babysit". I heard he got up last....hung over.....
Umm EP and google freak I have a thought maybe Judah isn't sleeping well bc HE'S HUNGRY! Fix: Rice Cereal! LOL

AprilJ said...

Oooh, so glad to hear that Pump #1 has given a repeat performance. That is the Energizer pump for sure. What is it? Baby #7 or 8 for that thing? Amazing.

Amy said...

Gotta love the pump hand-me-down...I think Brooklyn was baby #6 and now Luke is #7. Medela would have a few words for us :). So glad you are seeing him sleep a little better. Remember, Tyson slept A LOT in the swing until 6 months. Tell yourself its ok! :)

Cynthia said...

Love these boys! Super cute.

Mindy said...

Hey... You can get Medela tubes at some of the hospitals. I bought new ones at Scottsdale Shea.