Monday, January 10, 2011

On the Road...


To recovery in week twenty for Judah. Or, at least we hope he is…he has been on amoxicillin for the last week and he has been sleeping better…so, seems better to me. You see, as long as a baby is sleeping…then he is well enough for me. And, I would really like to not go back to PCH – we are already there every week…I told Jake I should get a parking space. Sickness for little ones is tough since they cannot communicate (and yes, I know there are those magic people out there who can interpret a baby’s cry…I am not one of them…crying is crying in this house). So, we are hoping for a healthy Saylor family – it has been too long…way too long.



So, what did week twenty bring? Well, it brought his fitting for his band, which he gets on Friday. In the past, they use to use plaster over the child’s head for the fitting – sounds absolutely horrible to me…luckily now, they have a 3D image machine that does it all for you now…gotta love technology. He did have to have a stocking cap pulled over his head and he was cool with it…so cool with it that they said (I assume they were joking) it seemed like he had done this before…no, we don’t normally put stocking caps over our babies' heads except when we do our training for them to rob a bank, which doesn’t come until they can walk. Kidding, of course. He did great and now we are just really trying to figure out some “funny” things for the band – have struggled with finding a saying that is church appropriate (“You know what they say about big heads…” – you see, not church appropriate). I thought about a BUSINESS sticker in the front and a PARTY sticker in the back (you know, business in the front, party in the back – the mullet statement – I would have really bedazzled the PARTY sticker). So, any ideas would be appreciated. I need to decide by this weekend. I actually think the band will provide him protection – Hubey started throwing his Magneatos at Judah’s head today…the band will provide great coverage. I have seen him sucking his thumb while sleeping – now, I don’t want a third grader sucking his thumb, but right now – it is so cute, I love it. We busted out his super cool jumparoo – he digs it…and so does Hubey. What is the draw with the baby toys? He is doing much better with his rice cereal this week – I think he actually likes it. We’ll start to introduce some other goodies in a couple of weeks. We are still working hard on his stretches to help with the torticollis, but he really hates them. He is doing better sleeping, but still not back to normal – hoping we see 100% back to normal this week. He is still grabbing at everything – including people, especially Hubey. He is still a super wiggle worm and I have really noticed that I need to be careful with the Bumbo on elevated surfaces (and yes, I have read the warning that the Bumbo should never be on an elevated surface – got it) – he likes to arch his back to try to get out (glad that band is coming). Honestly, I think he will be getting too big for the Bumbo soon, sadly – his brother still fits in it. He is trying to sit-up and still needs to learn to roll to his tummy. He is still absolutely enamored with his big brother and luckily, the feeling is 100% mutual. He is doing great – lots of giggles, a smile that melts your heart, and overall such a sweet, sweet disposition.


We are really hoping the band doesn’t cause any developmental delays (they say it shouldn’t) or any sleeping problems (for my sanity – seriously). And I really need to have a happy heart about driving to PCH every week…glad we have memberships to the Children’s Museum and Zoo. We know God is faithful through all things – we see it all the time. So, we just need to trust in Him. We thank everyone for their prayers!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I meant to mention last night that you can bring Hugh here during your weekly visits to PCH, ok? :) I vote for business in the front, party in the back! LOL

AprilJ said...

I, too, vote for "Business in the front, party in the back". That is hilarious. Here's to more sleep!!

The Motor Moron said...

How about "It's my brother's fault" or "My brother made me do it" for the band?

Jason and Lisa said...

The ideas for the band are endless! Just go to Michaels or Joanns and you won't know where to start. And the fun part, change it as often as you want! :)