Monday, February 21, 2011

Cryin', Cryin', Cryin'...


If Judah’s week twenty-six had a theme it would be “Cryin’”…seriously. He has not been a happy camper this past week…he tries to be, but doesn’t normally succeed. He is TIRED! And, he doesn’t understand that he is tired, but I know he is (Mama always knows best). And yes, still working on the sleep training…I see this in our future for the next month (at least)…I looked back on Hugh’s blog and it was like six weeks of sleep training. Ugh! So, the bad naps create an unhappy baby who latches onto Mama (all day) for dear life…he has a monkey latch now, where he’ll swing his back leg up to latch around my back…thank goodness for my muffin top or he wouldn’t be able to do that. As if you couldn’t tell…I HATE the sleep training at the Saylor house. I know it will be short lived (well, I pray (I mean really pray) it is), but it is hard to see through that when you are in it. So, I pray for grace and patience each day for myself and we get through this short season.


So, what else did week twenty-six bring? Well, besides a lot of crabby (A LOT of crabby)…it brought lots of smiles and giggles. He wants to be happy. We continued in the sleep training (ugh) – this week has been especially bad because he has been getting up in the fours…yikes. And yes, I feed him – I know, I know, but if I feed him he will go back to sleep and more importantly, so will we…it is worth it right now, but feel free to judge me when I am still doing it three months from now. It brought a few days away from Dada (Jake went to visit a friend…and yes, the boys and I survived…shocking, I know.). It brought his continued love of rice cereal – this kid loves rice cereal. Nothing else even comes close…however, he did enjoy some bites of ice cream with a big smile. We keep trying to push some other foods – in between rice cereal bites. I think this shows our future with a picky eater who will like bland foods and sugar (because who doesn’t love sugar?!?). Still not doing a lot of rolling, but as I stated last week…we have checked this milestone off the list because he has done it once…and that is what counts. He is doing much better with sitting up, but we still put the Boppy around him to support the falls. Since he is loving the sitting up, he is loving the toys…the community toys (or Hubey’s toys in Hubey’s world)…still working on sharing/happy hearts. Still loathes tummy time so crawling is not in the near future. He likes music and will even let me sing to him now (upgraded from humming) and he likes to sit and listen to Jake play the guitar. He got lots of cousin time this week and he loves his cousins – they are very sweet with “her” (that is Logan’s name for Judah). Overall, it was more a “down” week with the crabbiness, but he is still such a sweet, little boy…we love, love, love him!


I struggle with not having perfect control over everything in my life – I have always known it is a struggle for me and I pray about it…a lot. I want to control our children’s eating, sleeping, attitudes, etc. And, I know I have no control…such a HUGE struggle for me and it affects my attitude, which is so sad. Letting go is hard for me, but I will continue to work on it. I also have seen what an ugly heart I can have with my husband going away for the weekend. I really wanted him to enjoy his trip, but also wanted him to feel guilty about leaving and to realize what an incredible martyr I was for staying with the boys (my OWN children for four days) and caring for them…wow, typing it out makes me even feel like a better wife…totally. Someone once told me she was a better mother when her husband was home – so true. God is revealing the true depravity of my heart everyday and it is ugly…like really ugly. This life isn’t all about me…sigh. I thank God for his patience and grace with me…I sure need it. I have also realized that a little coffee with a lot of cream is not a bad thing (I have NEVER been a coffee drinker)…just another vice to add to my long list.


Thank you all for your prayers! We hope you all are doing well!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

But he looks so happy (and cute) in all of the pictures! Sorry to hear it's been a tough week...hopefully the coffee will help (I love coffee) so it is a good vice to start. Helps with the no sleep thing as well. Hopefully a napping Judah is going to be the theme for this coming week!

AprilJ said...

LOL about coffee.. I may have to reconsider my current status on coffee drinking if it helps survive away-husbands. The weekends without Clayton are about 1000x worse than the week days. But you survived. That's the end goal.

Dos said...

I agree with Heidi and April - coffee is WONDERFUL and should go hand in hand with a traveling husband AND weekends are WAY harder b/c no one wants to play when their husbands are home! Sorry about the sleep issue, not fun for baby or mama. Praying for you!

Dos said...

that was Amy (Dos) :)

Filleman Family said...

Sleep issues are horrible. And coffee is wonderful :) (second to a glass of red wine of course!) Hoping this passes quickly. He looks super cute in all those pictures. Parker used to eat rice cereal by the gallon - and does indeed still prefer about two foods only. ahhhh from one issue to the next!

beccaluvsafrica said...

I love your honesty! You are such a good mom :) I'll be praying you can get more sleep and continue to trust God with the whole control thing! Love you!