Monday, March 7, 2011

Graduated


Yes, Judah is an official graduate of the band! His misshapen head days are behind us now – all round and pretty from now on. He was supposed to wear it one more week, but his head has grown so much that the band was now putting pressure on his head – poor buddy. So, all done with the band. Sad that we didn’t get to show off his latest bling all that much, but SO glad to be all done with the band. Honestly, it wasn’t that big of a deal. I’ve had to remember now that he isn’t wearing his protective gear anymore – clipped a few corners a little too close (and yep, that was his head…not his helmet…ouch). God was so faithful to our little guy – continued growth, milestones reached, still slept, etc. Now onto the next thing for Judah!



So, what else did week twenty-eight bring for Judah? Well, it brought more sickness – double ear infection. They were actually concerned that he was getting something more serious since he was running a high fever (almost 104), but once he actually started taking the antibiotic, he started getting better. The antibiotic is a heavy duty one (not your typical amoxicillin) – and it smells like a pina colada (where do I sign-up?). Judah is not down with the pina colada (so sad) and actually had full vomit sessions the first four days of taking it. Let’s just say it was horrible (and our couch, carpet, my jeans, and Fuddruckers will never be the same). So, after a call to the triage nurse on Sunday, we got it all worked out and he is doing SO much better. And, I didn’t have to go back to the pediatrician again (save my sanity…because seriously, if I had to go back to the doctor again I was going to pop out my eyes). I am really hoping he’ll be back to 100% soon. Judah is tough (way tougher than Hubey), but when he is miserable, he is MISERABLE. We are still sleep training (too hard to do when little ones are sick…will get back on the train soon). All we want Judah to learn is that we wake up happy in the Saylor house…end of story.period. (Oh, and that waking up before 7AM is a crime.) We are getting use to seeing his head all the time now – it is a little weird. He is getting use to it as well – he likes to hit himself in the head…funny boy. Also noticed that he has a bit of an Eddie Munster hairline (awesome)…things you don’t notice when your kid wears a helmet. He’ll grow into it. And, this baby TOTALLY looks like Jake with my eyes. Seriously, this boy is all Jake. I know most people don’t see this (because of the eyes), but it is so true. He is back to really only tolerating rice cereal again – trying to get him to take anything else is murder. We’ll get back on the fruits and veggies train this week. He is starting to tolerate tummy time a little more – especially to get a toy he wants. Judah is very dramatic when he doesn’t get something he wants (totally reminds me of Jake). He has flipped himself to his belly a few times to sleep…he doesn’t like it and will normally cry until you come to roll him over (this morning, I didn’t do it and he figured it out himself – good boy). He is enjoying the double stroller now (I knew I would eventually love this stroller.). He loves to eat paper just like a goat. I swear he is teething, but I know I’ll be swearing this for the next three months until he actually gets teeth. This was a big week, besides getting his band off, he also sat in a restaurant high chair (covered, of course, those things are nast-y…big time (and yes, I am becoming Jake)) and swung in a swing at the park. Like I said, BIG week. He is still such a sweet boy, but he needs to be healthy again! Hoping for a healthy and happy baby this week (didn’t I put this request in last week? what happened?)!


Thank you all for your prayers. It has been a rough sick season in the Saylor house (yes, I know I am preaching to the choir). Praying for us and you all to be healthy again and put this sick season to bed already. The highlight of my week was being vomited on at Fuddruckers – it will go down in my favorite’s book (probably won’t go down in the favorite’s books of the people that were sitting around us)!

3 comments:

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

Congrats on your graduation Judah!!

Mindy said...

Ah! He is getting so big. I hope your house is feeling better soon. We still need to get together!

AprilJ said...

Good-bye headband... that was quick! Cute pics.