Monday, April 18, 2011

Continuing...


And we continue into week thirty-four. I cannot believe we are already at week thirty-four and Judah will eight months by the week’s end! Eight months?!? How does that happen?!? There are times (especially when I look at him next to Hugh) that he looks like such a baby to me (and he is my baby), but when I look at him next to a newborn, he is SO huge and I cannot believe that he once was that small. And I seriously cannot remember that he was that small…no really, I can’t…I can barely remember what I ate for breakfast this morning. However, I do love each new stage and wouldn’t go back (I do love the little babies, but the lack of sleep is not good for me…not good at all). Judah is still needy – he “needy” to be held all the time, but under his conditions – he prefers constant movement…oh joy. God is tempering my heart to Judah’s neediness and I appreciate this time with him (I truly do). I know he won’t “needy” me forever!


So, what else did week thirty-four bring? Well, it continues to bring his constant desire to be mobile…so close. He can get back to a sitting position from lying down as long as he was sitting when he started…make sense? He gets frustrated and will do push-ups (he looks better doing them than I do and he doesn’t do the “girl” kind…like Jake does (kidding)). He still moves backwards and gets where he wants to go, but he knows that he would have a lot more speed if he was crawling. He even pulled himself up to a standing position on one of his toys today (I believe it is a one time deal rather than a new thing…at least that is what I am telling myself). So, I see our lives drastically changing in the next month. We started him on yogurt – jury is still out. He still really wants to eat what we are eating – and we continue to give him a few things…and we have learned he has a sensitive gag reflex like his brother and his mother…oh joy. Cannot wait until the baby food stage is over…not a favorite stage for me. He continues to do well with his straw drinking and will actually hold it himself. No, our babies never hold their own bottles…we want to keep them babies (truth – they would throw their bottles and NEVER eat, so we hold the bottle for Judah…I mean if he was holding his own bottle then he wouldn’t be able to scratch me, pull my hair, pinch my fat (even in places I didn’t know I had fat…which I have realized is now everywhere…bummer)…and we wouldn’t want that would we?!? We do teach them to hold their cups, just not the bottles. We cannot even get him to take a level three nipple…our children and there inept bottle skills. He gets super excited to see Jake now and will cry if he leaves the room (yep, another child slowly being lured to the “Dada” side…it was bound to happen). I love that my boys love their Dada (honestly, I do…it melts my heart and want them to have the best relationship!). He loves the water table - just sitting in it and doesn't mind being freezing cold (so unlike Hugh). He tried a little faux hawk on him this week - this boy needs some help in the hair department...has an interesting halo of fuzz. He enjoyed new childcare this week since his Gramma Anne fell and broke her elbow (we pray she heals quickly) and are thankful for Jake’s cousin, Evy, who is watching them for the next month. He enjoyed a birthday party for his cousins this past weekend and looks forward to the day that he can play with them all. He loves to suck on his toes and I will find him that way a lot in the car seat – gross, but he likes it…whatever. He has learned how to clap and does it all the time now. It is very cute. He loves to learn new things. He is such a sweet boy and honestly, he is a good baby…just a little needy. We love his sweet smiles and his infectious laugh…LOVE LOVE LOVE this boy!


Thankful my power is through Christ to do all things…need to always remember that in everything I do (especially with my boys). God will make me into the mother He has designed me to be…I just need to trust in Him (easier to type than to do)…thankful for His faithfulness. Thanks to you all for your prayers! So looking forward to our first Easter with Judah and continuing to teach our boys why Easter is so incredibly special – He is Risen! Happy Easter to you all!

3 comments:

Kenny said...

It was fun hanging out with you and your brother this weekend Judah! You are such a sweet baby!!

Amy said...

oops, sorry :)

Clayton said...

IDK, he might actually needy you for a lot longer than you think!!!!! Glad he feels good about cold weather because he hasn't seen anything yet!!!!