Monday, May 2, 2011

On the Move...


And Judah is “officially” crawling in week thirty-six…and it is a good solid crawl (I know, that is only important to me). He happened to beat his brother out on this milestone (actually, Hugh’s post at week thirty-six has the same title; however, Judah is actually crawling and Hugh was still figuring it all out). However, you can tell that he does enjoy crawling as much as his brother did. He’ll try to stand multiple times while crawling the length of a room – seriously, it looks like he is trying to stand…maybe an early walker? Doubtful in the Saylor house. He also dislikes crawling on the tile – I am assuming it hurts his knees (Hugh didn’t develop kneecaps until he started walking – seriously, we use to look at him crawling and it would hurt us.). I think he'll grow to like it more and more and he is getting much faster at it. Oh, joy! I tried many times to get a video of it, but he gets very camera shy and starts to get very dramatic (guess that is a second born trait…just kidding). I posted the video anyway, but he really does crawl better than the video shows. So, we have a baby on the go now…which results in me letting him down wherever and Jake taking Valium to deal with the disgustingness of it all (I look at it as more of a part of life…Jake, not so much). Go Judah!



So, what else happened in week thirty-six? Well, the good crawling was a big deal this week. He is continuing to enjoy more and more freedom, which means we are enjoying more and more stress. Honestly, he hasn’t really gotten into too many things (and here comes the blog curse) and Hugh manages to successfully talk him out of all the things he really wants (since Hugh really wants them). I see a little more exploring starting to happen in the next few weeks…yippee! He has started spitting – honestly, I was getting prideful (in my head) that he wasn’t a spitter and I was so proud…oh, yes, he is a spitter and he thinks it is SO funny…I do not. (To be honest, I provoke the spitting…I tend to “sneak” bites in…let’s just say he is not a fan…guess I get what I deserve.) Can’t say it enough times…cannot wait until we are past this eating stage. Seriously, baby food is the worst stage ever (at least it is for me…honestly, all the eating stages the first year for me are bad). We continue to try new foods – he likes cheese puffs (we have gone over this before – we are a chemical, preservative, food dye loving kind of family…and we like to start our kids young). He still doesn’t have any teeth, but I swear they are right there (didn’t I swear that two weeks ago? Need to stop swearing!). He had egg this week and it looked like he was having a reaction to it, which would be a bummer…eggs are a staple in the Saylor household. He continues to become more and more vocal – love hearing his sweet voice. He also loves to pound on his tray and anything else – drummer in the future…I think not, but he does love music. We haven’t been as disciplined with working on the signing with him (need to get on it…the first born gets the best parenting). Also, if you say, “Yay, Judah!” – he will normally start clapping…so cute! He got to enjoy his Papa’s retirement party and my amazing singing voice (I am REALLY good at karaoke…who knew?!?). He is starting to look so much older to me (you know when you have those moments when you look at your kids and they look bigger/older – had one of those moments this morning). He is still loving sitting up in his crib and always has a big smile for whoever gets him (normally, it is me…and I LOVE it!). And I was a wonderful mother again this week…Judah fell out of the water table…head first onto the pavers (and yes, I was right there). Yes, we put him in the water table to play – I am sure there is a picture on the box with a baby sitting in the water table with a big red “X” (similar to the picture you find on large plastic bins). We put him in the water table to play because he isn’t able to stand and walk around the table yet and we want him to enjoy his birthday present. Yes, I am justifying it. So, it sounded bad (heads hitting concrete is never a good sound), but he cried for a minute and was fine (which of course then made me panic more, but he really was fine). And I put him right back into the water table…wow, truly get a MOTY award for that. Thankful to God for protecting our little boy – he needs it! He is a sweet boy and we are so blessed by him!


We hope you all are doing well – thank you for your prayers!

3 comments:

Clayton said...

I was kind of hoping for some after-party photos from Saturday night... ;) I remember wanting Kara and Clay to crawl. That lasted until they were doing it. He's a cutie! Love you all.

Dos said...

Yay Judah! Brooklyn says "Da Dudah!!!!" :)

Brandie said...

Reaction to egg? What happened? I love catching up with your family via weekly posts. It makes me smile to see what boys are like...and what we have to look forward to. :)