Monday, June 13, 2011

Cruisin'...


Sleeping late in week forty-two (too bad it isn't week forty-eight then it would have rhymed, which I of course would have loved...oh well) for Judah! And I am sure I am going to get the blog curse now since I just wrote that...we shall see. Honestly, we just put up the "classy" (totally not white trash) foil on Judah's window yesterday, but first day was a success. Since we have the blackout shades on the window already, it makes it like a tomb in there (not so much of a tomb that he sleeps like his cousin, Evie, but sleeping until seven is a success in this house for sure). And I am sure some of you are thinking, "seriously, you need foil when you already have the blackout shades?" and yes, we do. And it makes it so our HOA doesn't trip out on us. Woot woot. Now, all we need to do is start a meth lab...kidding (my proof reader is absent, so I get total creative license...watch out!). So, we are praying for late sleeping in the Saylor house (and by late, I mean past six)!


So, what else did week forty-two bring for Judah? Well, it has brought cruising! Yep, he can officially "cruise". He is slow, but he is trying...A for effort. He is still not enjoying the walking while we hold his hands so I am holding to no early walking in this house. I have been known to be wrong...clearly, Judah is a boy and 90210 was not best show ever created (no wait, it was the best show...best show eva!...oh, and when I state 90210, I am talking about Dylan and Brenda 90210...not the new years...but I have been known to catch an episode or two...and I digress), but I don't think I'll be wrong. He continues to love to pull himself and pound away - could be one of his most favorite things to do. He still has an incredible love for his panda bear - LOVES this thing. He also LOVES balloons...passion for them. He continues to do great with his independent play (not that we really do independent play - sure I will regret this later...nope, never brought "rage in the cage" back out...another one of my amazing ideas...Jake, the treadmill will be different...I promise), but when he is done...he is done. Good to know. He continues to tolerate his older brother - I am sure he is thinking, "Enough with the 'love is kind, love is gentle' bit - discipline this kid already." Hugh is normally great with him, but he can go all "Hubey" on him and gets wild...Judah doesn't so much care for it and I don't blame him. We are trying to teach him to give kisses and he'll do it every once in a while...mostly for Jake (big shock there). He continues to be a little snuggle bear and I LOVE it, like really love it...so sweet to snuggle with him. This kid is one happy camper in the Ergo (as long as I am moving...that is a sticking point) and I love it. He continues to get more and more verbal everyday and has been making this high pitch noise when he sucks air in - too funny. We still need to work on signing with him...he'll get there. He is back on his hunger strike - this kid drives me crazy. We tried dropping the bottle and moving him to a sippy cup for his milk...big FAIL, and then I just reminded myself that he won't be five with his bottle at kindergarten so we are all good and won't be trying that transition any time soon. And when the doctor gives me the "bottle" speech, I'll just smile and nod and ask, "So, when I leave orange soda in the bottle with him in the crib, that is a bad thing?" He continues to LOVE the water and he really (and I mean really) thinks he can swim...newsflash my friend, you CANNOT swim. He goes wild for the pool. AND he enjoys splash parks - that is pure crazy in Hugh's world. Ah, my boys and their differences...love it. Judah is doing great - cannot believe he is ten weeks away from being one year old...how did that happen?!?


Thanks to you all for your prayers. We need them...every last one. I also need prayers to just relax at times and enjoy the moment I am in...even if my house is dirty and dinner isn't ready. And as I read this week, I need to enjoy every teachable moment with my children...every.single.moment...even when my ears are bleeding because of the whining. From Ginger Plowman in reference to James 1:2-4, "We should be joyful and thankful every time that we are provided with an opportunity to point our children to their need for Jesus by training them in His Word. If we could view all of their sinful behaviors as precious opportunities to teach them then we would be far more righteous in our training." Ah, so true...and thank God for His grace that sustains me. Without Him, I would be a lost cause.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for Judah walking! So awesome! Your meth lab comment was Ha-larious! Yes, we've been known to do the tomb around here....but wait, it didn't work! NO shock there. Kenny agrees with you that 90210 was the best show ever. The one in the 90's. Oh, the bangs and flower dresses...

AprilJ said...

No, Judah won't go to K with a bottle (and if he does, it doesn't kill them!!!!!)... and I was glad to have non-early walkers myself. As for the eating, the boy will eat when he's hungry :) What he probably wants are cheetoes.