Monday, July 4, 2011

Freedom!


Judah celebrated his first Freedom day in week forty-five! And no fireworks! None of us saw fireworks, I know...we are so unAmerican. You know what, it isn't about the fireworks and (let me get on my soapbox) we should not be allowed to light off fireworks in Arizona! Over 550,000 acres burned and are still burning! Yes, I am all about rights for the people, but seriously...fireworks?!? Okay, enough about my political rants...this post is about Judah. Anyway, the holiday is about our freedom - thank you to servicemen and women who fought for our freedom and continue to do so everyday AND thank you to their families! Judah continues to love his own freedom...more and more everyday. Fortunately, we were able to get out of Phoenix (the hottest place on earth) and go to Flag...so nice. Judah enjoyed another road trip (not really...no freedom in a five point harness) and he enjoyed his time in wilderness. Lots of fun - thank you Uncle Jared!




So, what else did week forty-five bring for Judah? Well, it brought his first sunburn and some incredible mom guilt. Who knew that you could get sunburned on a sky ride in Flag? Well, super white (me) and whitey (Judah) can...bad. He looked like a raccoon (his whole face didn't get burned, because we did try to put sunblock on him...clearly, we failed), and his head is so burned...like with blisters and everything...so, so sad. I felt so terrible (and still feel terrible every time I look at him)! He doesn't seem to notice, but I have learned my lesson and will become a walking PSA for sunscreen. We also had one of those super fun moments when we had to pull over to change Judah because he was stankin' up the whole car. He went in with clothes and came out wearing a diaper...we do it up real classy. He continues to love to pound on EVERYTHING. Some of his toys have already been his sweet victims. He has a love for music just like Hugh, but drummer will not be in his future. He continues to be a TOTAL Dada's boy, but he will say "mama"...when he is tired, hungry, or mad...to be so needed...melts my heart a little bit. He had a few moments of being an only child this past week and he wears "only child" very well. He has learned that to be heard in this family (above his big brother) he needs to be loud and he has that down VERY well. Dinner makes for an interesting time with Judah yelling and pounding on his tray. He likes to be heard, what can I say?!? Yep, will deal with the behavior later. He continues to be a speed crawler and shows NO desire in walking...that is okay, BUT I would like a walker by fifteen months...just saying. Oh, and the birthday party is booked...woot, woot. Ah, the planner in me is happy. He continues to not enjoy his solids, but is starting to live on the motto, "Man can live on milk alone." And I love that I have baby who likes milk. So, this baby can (and does) live on milk alone...oh, and booty and cheese puffs! He continues to be such a sweet, sweet boy...and he really does smile...he just needs to get to know you!


Happy Fourth of July to All!

4 comments:

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

What fun memories on the firetruck!!

AprilJ said...

Soo... it sounds to me like Judah is going to be a drummer.. family band in the works! No fireworks in AK for obvious reasons (and it's not grassfires). Midnight sun!!

Theresa said...

Fun times. I love the pic of Judah with the ear-thingies. And about him always wanting to be heard...I HEAR you...that is Ryan but he decided to spare us until his 4th bday...and now he doesn't quit! Anyway, your boys are adorable. :)

Cristina said...

Adorable pics and I agree with the firework thing... very sad all the burnt forest ...