Friday, March 2, 2012

A First...

Being pregnant for thirty-nine weeks...yep, it is a first. I totally set myself up. I was certain this baby would come just like his big brothers and be born prior to thirty-nine weeks...clearly, I was wrong. That is what I get. I really wanted a leap year baby...clearly, Sammy did not want to be a leap year baby or a March 1st baby or a March 2nd baby...and the days go on. I AM trying to coax this baby into coming out, but why would he leave? I need to stop my constant eating and start starving him out of there. So, I am certain now that Sammy will be my biggest baby...time to embrace it. So, that is where I am at...still pregnant, but not really getting sick anymore which has been great. I am huge and putting on the serious pounds to prove it...so, no...there will not be a picture.


I really had a goal to post about our trip to California with the boys, but it hasn't happened yet...it will. I am sure the post will be different than what actually happened since I cannot remember anything, but it will still be good.


The boys are doing well - sharing a room now. Wish I had a picture to post of Judah in his big boy bed...I will, just not yet. He loves being in there with Hugh and at some point they both fall asleep after LOTS of talking and playing. There has definitely been some serious training...and I am sure it will continue. He went in for his eighteen month appointment...25lbs.3oz. (45%) and almost 33in. (65%)...and he has a large head...no shock there. He is talking all the time (we know most of his words), but he loves to talk. Fruit snacks are probably the most exciting thing for him - seriously, it is like we are getting him a pony when we bring out a bag of fruit snacks...and he asks for "nacks" ALL the time. He got his first haircut (he was starting to have quite the burns and tail)...Jake did a great job. I did make him stop on trying to "even out" the side burns for fear we would be shaving Judah's head. We have also figured out that the clippers are the way to go...lesson for next time. I've gotten some one on one time with Judah lately and I love it - he is seriously the sweetest little boy and I love him. I am super lazy right now (like I have never been this lazy in my entire life and I am a really lazy person, but now I have taken to a whole new level lazy), and so Judah just likes to come cuddle up next to me on the couch (he would prefer my lap, but it isn't working out right now) and watch a video...love him...he knows just what his mama needs.


Hugh is doing great. Saying funny stuff all the time...a lot of it relates to his wiener - yes, I just posted that...there is no "proper" language at our house. Seriously, he has something new to tell me about it almost daily. One of his new favorite words is "terrible" and uses it to describe everything. He is whining ALL the time and it really drives me to the point of insanity, but then he'll say something so sweet to me, like - "Mama, I love you from head to toe and everything in between." (I say this to him.) or, "Mama, I am really going to miss you when I am at Gramma and Papa's house."...and I realize I still hate the whining, but that I love this little boy so much it is crazy. So, we work on the whining and complaining...easier said than done.


I am thankful for my boys (all of them - I really have the best husband in the world, and he is the best dad in the world...these boys love him with everything they have) and I am so excited to welcome another sweet baby boy to our family...even if it means past forty weeks (oh, please no).

5 comments:

The Martins said...

i cannot believe you're due already. JUST last night eric and I were joking about that- when people tell you "oh, wow! Your pregnancy went so fast"
hehe, yes, since you're not the one pregnant...
i digress...

congratulations. and praise God that He is sovereign. even at 39+weeks :)

DeeBoyzMomma said...

Thinking of you guys and sooo excited for baby. Can't wait to meet him. Take advantage of the lazy time. You won't have it again for a looooong time... if ever.
Love you. Take care of you and keep us posted.

Brandie said...

The girls were 5 days early and Parker was almost 5 days late. I didn't think he was ever going to come out! Hang in there...soon. :) Praying for you and Jake and the boys. :)

PS...if you need to talk to a lactation consultant, even by phone, I found a great one.

Kenny Williams said...

The boys are so cute! Hubey is looking so old! Praise God for sustaining you and the baby!! :)

Theresa said...

So I thought I'd do something different this morning & read a blog since I just updated mine after 6 MONTHS!!! loved the update. hugh is looking hugE! and so grown up!! :( I know, not what you wanna hear! Can't wait for that baby, and if you ever need to talk, I went 39 w/both boys. Yes.