Sunday, May 20, 2012

Back to Basics...

Happy week ten to our little Sammy! Ten weeks – hard to believe. I finally felt this week that it was hard to remember life before Sammy – now of course, I can remember it…a full night’s sleep, my body as my own, and the list goes on…maybe it just has taken ten weeks to truly embrace it all…who knows…remember, I don’t get a full night of sleep most nights! He fits us so well – it is always so amazing to me how God gives you the perfect child for you. So, I wouldn’t trade him in…even for a full night of sleep!
So, what did week ten bring for Sammy? Well, it brought back some sleep basics…back to the swing. Sam takes naps in his crib for one hour and then he is done…so, I believe he is still tired most times (although he is happy…until the end of the day and then he really tries to put on a happy face, but he is all done) and I put him into the swing to finish most naps. Now, this is no magic swing…so, he gets another 30 minutes to an hour (or sometimes he is all done). Nothing like how Judah was in the “magic” swing…like seven hour naps. Sam is just not the greatest napper – Judah was my good napper…at least I had one…sigh. And honestly, I am not worried about him sleeping in the swing – it is a right of passage in the Saylor house…and we realized it doesn’t turn your kids into pirates or anything. He has been sleeping most nights all the way through…except for the “paci placement,” which normally happens once or twice a night. I don’t love the “paci placement,” but it really isn’t terrible – I go right back to sleep. I am thankful that we started putting him down around 7ish since about five weeks at night – and then he gets a dream feed when I go to sleep…best situation possible.
He is starting to move all over the crib and doesn’t seem to love his Woombie so much (and shoot, still no picture)…however, he still has a very sensitive startle reflex…so, the Woombie continues. Sammy is just sensitive all around – he can burst into tears with no reason at all…well, I am sure he has a reason, but none of us can figure it out. And for a little guy, he has a BIG cry and it is very sad. I think he really wants to try to roll to his tummy…not sure why he wants to do that since he hates tummy time. I am nervous we’ll have another flat headed baby…ugh. We’ll keep working on it. Sammy had his first trip to the library this week…exciting times in the Saylor house. He is so close to giggling…and I just bet he’ll do it for Jake first…and I’ll be okay with it since all the boys giggle for Jake first. He has lots of smiles, but you would never know it because every time I bust out the camera he gets super serious and the smiles disappear. He looks like such a little man to me...not a baby at all. I think he may want to be a thumb sucker…but that Woombie always gets in the way…darn Woombie. I love thumb suckers…they are cute…but sleep is more important right now than him sucking his thumb…so, right now we are all about the paci. I will be shocked if he ends up not being a paci baby…but my boys shock me all the time. The shower time with Daddy is still one of his favorite things…ranks right up there with staring at the fan (all fans – he loves all fans), staring at his big brothers (especially when they are not mauling him), and his Mama (oh, he has a special place in his heart for his Mama…I love it!). Sammy is so sweet – we look forward to each new week! We love this little guy so much and thank God every day for this incredible blessing!
So, it took ten weeks…but we finally went out on a date night! We went to the awesome (using that term loosely) wine thing…that got cancelled…but we got some swag…like an around the neck wine glass holder…get back…doesn’t get much more awesome than that! It was nice to go out…I know these date nights will be few and far between in this season of life, but we’ll take what we can get…and how many times do you get the opportunity to get a hands free wine glass holder?!?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Such a cutie!