Monday, June 4, 2012

Getting Back on Track...

Sammy is twelve weeks! Yep, almost three months – hard to believe that he is already three months into his first year of life. It goes by so fast, it is crazy. Again, the fast is always when you are looking back…not always in the moment. I have a great desire to be present with my boys – in the moment. And I struggle so much with it – it breaks my heart to see the level of selfishness I see in my heart…it is ugly. So, I really pray that I would be intentional with my time that I have with them and not worry about the little things and the endless to-do list, because that endless to-do list will always be there…once I cross one item off, three more pop on…never ending! So, what did week twelve bring for Sammy? It brought giggles! Yep, he giggled - it has only happened like four times, but it was so sweet and I cannot wait for more. And yes, Jake beat me on getting Sam to giggle - he is three for three with the boys. It should be mentioned that he totally stole my move to get Sam to giggle - and he would even reprimand me for trying to steal his moves (which did not bring on the giggles). Sam giggled for my dad before he giggled for me (I was third)...seriously, my dad?!? However, my dad can be rather funny and what he was talking to Sam about when Sam started giggling was so typical of my dad - the boys adore their Papa...crazy as he is. So, we wait for more giggles - he has lots of the silent giggles, but I like to hear them. Now that he is giggling – he is totally not a newborn…sigh. Well, we moved during Sam’s eleventh and twelveth week of life – he was a total trooper. We could tell by the end of the week that Sam was all done with moving (trust me buddy – we all felt the same way). He spent many naps in arms as the A/C unit was out upstairs in the new home for most of our first week. I can say that moving with a baby is not easy…makes everything take a lot longer, but it was fine and we are moved in now for the most part…but still have A LOT to do! He has been doing fine in his new room. No…still not sleeping through the night, but I know (and pray) it will come one day…one day soon (please, please, please). He has yet to try out the pool, but we did dip his feet in and he screamed in horror…guess he doesn’t enjoy the cool water. He tried out the Bumbo this week – seemed to do fairly well for a little bit. Unfortunately, we cannot seem to find our Bumbo (what a travesty) – guess we’ll be borrowing one…anything to keep his head from becoming as flat as a pancake. This boy moves all around the crib at night – completely spins himself around – Woombie and all. So, since he does that now – he gets his feet stuck in the slats and it wakes him up…awesome. We don’t have a bumper this time around – nursery bedding can only last so long and I guess three plus years was the max on the bumper…oh, and the fact that I guess they banned bumpers or something?!? I’ll make sure to remove the pillows and stuffed animals from the crib! This kid has so many carseat diaper blowouts – seriously. This carseat is going to be trashed after this little guy – a total sign for no more babies . He is also starting to move for diaper changes…really at three months?!? I think we are in a world of trouble if he is already trying to move for diaper changes…ugh. He is still really trying to roll over and normally sleeps on his side. I am sure once he rolls to his tummy there will be some serious crying. He is fine with tummy time – very strong neck. He will normally roll himself to his back once he is done. And our big debate right now – do we drop the Woombie? Hmmm… He is past the “fourth” trimester now, but I still think his startle reflex is there…so, we’ll see. The Woombie has been a good friend and provided sleep when I thought I would never sleep more than thirty minutes again…so, we need to be kind thru a break-up. Who knows…maybe he’ll get out of the Woombie and sleep all night every night…a girl can dream, oh yes, she can…and a dreamer I am. Hard to believe we are packing up the zero to three month clothes and pulling out the three to six month clothes…he still is a very little guy, but he is growing…I have yet to have a baby who was not true to size….they can always wear clothes that are smaller (shoot – Hubey can still fit into twelve to eighteen month clothes), but don’t ever jump to the next size of clothing. I’ll say again – we don’t make chunky kids, just chunky adults. Sammy is doing great – happy as can be (most of the time, but when he is upset…get back…it is VERY dramatic…hard being the third baby)! I am slowly getting back on the blog track – week thirteen here we come. Oh, and as a side note – at twelve weeks I could fit back into my work clothes…not so much this time around…ugh. I guess I should be thankful for elastic waistbands. Maybe I should bring Mr. Pump back out…just kidding (but not 100% kidding)! (By the way, I HATE the new blog set-up...I love you, Google...but you are jackin' it all up!)

1 comment:

DeeBoyzMomma said...

He is getting so big so fast. Definitely goes by too quickly. Chris has beat me at getting all the boys to laugh too. Oh, and, you're not alone with the work clothes. I don't know how I managed it with Jayden, but this time around, it took me much, much longer. I finally had to buy a couple of pairs of pants, so I wasn't wearing the same clothes to work everyday. :) Very different the third time around. Looking forward to seeing you soon!