Thursday, August 23, 2012

HBD Big Two Year Old!!!


Our Dear Judah Bear,

 

Hard to believe you are two years old!  It was two years ago around this time (I started writing this the night before your birthday) that I told your Daddy that I thought maybe something was happening, but I wasn’t too sure.  So, we made some calls and started walking outside...it was HOT outside, but I swore I would wait to go to hospital until I knew I was further along…well, that didn’t last long…because it was HOT outside and I swore I was further along.  And we went to the hospital thinking you would be coming into this world within the next few hours…well, I wasn’t very far along (so much for swearing I was)…bummer.   
 

But, I was certain I would progress really quickly…so, your aunts and Gramma came to the hospital to see you be born all certain you would be there very quickly.  Well, guess what bubba?  You took your sweet time and came about twelve hours later.  But you know what?  You were SO worth the wait.  And, you were so easy to deliver…so sweet to your Mama.  I loved you the minute I laid my eyes upon you and I haven’t stopped and I never will.


Two?!?  Two?!?  Where did the last two years go?!?  This last year has been such a whirlwind and you have changed so much!  You started the year barely walking and having a few words, and now you running with full force and speaking in sentences.  You make us laugh everyday with your funny faces or your silly laugh and you say the funniest things like when you flush the potty and say, “Bubye poop, luv you.”  Or when you motion for us to “come ‘ere”…love it.  Or when you say “shoopit guys” (which is either stupid guys or stop it guys).   


You make us laugh how you will whisper things…so silly.  You are such a smart little guy – you love to look at your ABC letters, you know all your animal noises, colors (thank you TV), counting…you pick up on things so quickly.  You are such a handsome little guy…will be breaking hearts one day…and you love to say “hansome”.  You are also very coordinated (you totally got that from me).  You love to dance and have some awesome moves (again, all from me) – our favorite move is when you grab the table and kick up one leg like a donkey (the donkey kick dance).   


You love to read…Moo, Baa, La, La, La is your favorite and you basically read it yourself.  You love cars and trucks and anything that makes a lot of noise.  People can’t help but love you – you are so cute and funny…you are the life of a party.  You like to wave and say “hi” to people.  You provide CONSTANT commentary ALL.DAY.LONG.  Seriously, I am so thankful for you, or I would have no idea what a tunnel, couch, table, car, cup, diaper (and the list goes on) is.  I love hearing your sweet voice and wouldn’t change it for anything.  


You love to say “hey”…you use it constantly.  You are our “shone” (phone) finder…every time you see our phones you have to bring them to us and say “here ya go”…so cute.  I love it when you lie down and say “tickle me”…so cute.  I love it when you come over and say “uppy down” when you want to be held.  There are so many funny and cute things you say that I know I am already forgetting and it makes me sad…like how you say “missed it” or “I got it” or “awesome job” or when you whisper “fruit snacks” with this huge smile after going poop. 

 

You make us laugh when you grab your cheeks and say “I chubby” or “Daddy chubby”.  You always have to find Sammy or point him out whenever he is around and you say “Sammy” with such an amazing love.  You are a total Daddy’s boy…oh you love your Daddy with every inch of you and I love to watch you with him.  You adore your Papas and Grammas.  You love your brothers…you get sad when Shubee (Hubey) is sleeping and would prefer to wake him…you think anything Hubey can do, you can do too. 


You love to play outside and LOVE to get dirty…I swear you wake up dirty…it is in your genes.  Your favorite foods are chocetmilky (chocolate milk), eggs, fruit, fruit snacks, gum, and candy (yes, we are amazing parents).  We do have daily battles getting you to eat…but you drink your chocetmilky, so whatever.  You’ll eat a well-balanced meal at some point…just not anytime soon.  You like to hold my hand when we walk up the stairs…oh.my.boy.melt.my.heart.  I love it when you say “hold ju Mama”…sweet boy.  You are definitely a cuddler…always have been and I love it.  You will say to us “snuggle me”…you bet!  You love to just climb up into our laps and sit with us.   

 

You wake up every day rearing to go…but don’t wake you up…not pretty.  You have been a dream to potty train…didn’t think it was going to happen since about ten days into it all I was ready to quit, but then it all clicked and you were amazing my sweet boy!  You have a sensitive heart and can burst into tears if you think someone is upset with you.  You are tough (a bit of a bruiser) and are normally covered in bruises.  When you get hurt, you want Mama just so I can give you a quick hug and kiss.  


I love how you smile with your whole face...just like your Mama.  You are super strong doing pull-ups on the treadmill (at least someone is using it).  You seem to grow up so much faster than your brother…sitting like a big boy at the table already…shoot, we got you a Nerf gun and bike for your birthday (who gets those things for a two year-old?!?).  You love the water…you haven’t met a shower you didn’t like.  You cannot swim, but I bet you could learn if you wouldn’t be so stubborn…you start saying “no no no” every time we even start counting in the water – my silly boy.  


You would love to get in the van every day to go somewhere (sorry buddy…doesn’t happen).  You fall asleep about 75% of the time in the car (just like me…I love a good car nap).  You have no fear most of the time, but then certain things can really scare you…dogs, carousels, tractor rides…random.  You enjoyed (ha!) your first plane ride…that will be a story forever etched in our heads!   


You visited snow this year and HATED it…I think it was the bulky clothes that you made you fall over every other step, BUT you did get to watch your nursery rhymes video about eight hundred times and that made you happy.  You love TV, but are really only interested in the first fifteen minutes…unless there is singing and then you are hooked…or creepy little characters that say the same color words over and over and over and (you get it) again. 

  

You went to the beach and loved it…didn’t even care that the water was freezing.  You love your blanket and will cry whenever I try to wash it.  You love to hear us sing (I have an ah-mazing voice) and have certain faves…Holy, Holy, Holy, This Little Light of Mine, and Jimeny Bells (Jingle Bells).  You love to help with cooking or folding laundry…when I need a little helper, you got my back.  I can’t leave you alone for too long…caught you with box cutters, scissors, knives, Sharpies…and the list goes on (and where was I…eating bon bons and watching TV).

 

Oh my little boy – I love you with this fierce love that I can’t explain.  You remind me so much of myself with your caring heart and stubborn spirit.  We praise God for you every day – you are such a blessing to this family.  You definitely have a spicy side – and I pray God uses it for His Kingdom.  And sometimes your spicy side drives me crazy, but I love your spicy side…can’t enjoy my sweet boy without spiciness.  You are such an awesome little boy – we are so thankful that God has entrusted us to raise you…what a privilege.  Happy Birthday, Judah!  We are all looking forward to another crazy year!

3 comments:

Brandie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Wow. The big 2!
What a handsome, seriously handsome boy.

:) :) :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, handsome Judah bear!