Monday, November 5, 2012

Another week...




Sammy is thirty-four weeks!  He’ll be eight months by weeks end…what?!?  How did that happen?!?  How is my little baby going to be eight months old?  It is crazy to think he’ll be a year before I know it, and I know these next two months are going to fly by since we are entering crazy holiday time…ahh!!!  I am praying I enjoy every week…even the really hard weeks.  I know I’ll look back on this time and miss it, so I pray I treasure the moments I have.  God has blessed us so much!  We are so thankful!


So, what did week thirty-four bring for Sammy?  Well, it brought another week of Jake being gone…Jake has missed more than three weeks of this baby’s life…not that anyone is counting.  And, I keep storing up treasures in heaven…yes, I do…Saint Jenn for sure.  We all survived and I know Sammy missed Jake terribly.  He is becoming quite the Daddy’s boy (that should not come as a big shock to anyone…Jake owns the keys to all of his boys’ hearts) and even reached out for Jake this week (however, it should be noted he has been reaching for me for weeks…just sayin’).  We are all very thankful to have Daddy home!  (And, I am so thankful to no longer be showering with all of my boys…what was I thinking?!? I do not know…I blame it on lack of sleep.)  Sammy has learned a few new tricks this week.  Number one, he likes to spit…oh joy.  Why babies think spitting is so cool is beyond me.  Newsflash, it is gross…stop doing it.  I am hoping the spitting is a short phase…but I know it will not be…sigh.  He has also learned to put himself back into a sitting position…he only does this in the crib.  Kind of like how he only rolls from tummy to back…it is a crib thing.  I am not sure if he thinks he needs to perfect all his moves before he brings them to the public?!?  Guess what, buddy…we have a camera and we watch your every move so we know all your tricks.  I swear I heard him say “Mama”…but it has been when he is really mad.  The boys always say “Dada” when they are loving on him and having fun, and scream “Mama” in this painful “you better listen” sort of way…love it.  He pulled himself up on Jake…only happened once and I didn’t see it…so, I am not really sure if it happened or not, but I guess I’ll take Jake’s word.  I know he so wants to be mobile…I am actually getting sad for him.  I think the saddest part is he thinks he can do it, but he really can’t…poor buddy.  However, I am guessing the true crawling has to be right around the corner now that he can get into a sitting position…I’ll have to watch for it in the crib as I am sure he will start crawling in there first.  

He started sleeping a little better towards the end of the week.  Of course, he started sleeping better right when Jake gets back into town…the whole time while Jake was gone, it was his worst sleep since he was a newborn.  I am hoping he is turning a corner and will start sleeping well at night…a girl can hope.  He is still having a really hard time at night and won’t take that third nap of the day (see me banging my head against the wall)…the last few hours of the day are painful.  He is still eating ok – nothing amazing.  I tried pears pureed this week and that was a big no go – I tried all my tricks to try and get him to open his mouth and it was not happening – no way, no how.  He likes to be independent when he eats…that is good.  We are starting the baby signs with him…he just laughs at me when I sign all done.  He enjoyed his first time on a swing…even when his brothers were pushing him all around…however, I think he stopped enjoying the swing ride when he started choking (not sure he is quite big enough or stable for the swing…lesson learned).  He celebrated his first Halloween and he had a good attitude (despite running a fever…poor buddy…darned teeth!!!).  I was thankful for friends willing to haul him around because he wasn’t really having the stroller.  He made one cute puppy.  This little guy is as cute as can be…seriously.  He gets cuter and cuter every day.  He has the best half smiles I have ever seen and he can melt my heart every time with his sweet smile or giggle…even when he is driving me crazy!!!


So, I am a survivor (think Beyoncé) and I can do this mom thing…shoot, this is my third time around, of course I can do this mom thing…then why is breastfeeding/feeding such a struggle?!?  Why is there so much dang mom guilt when you start thinking you are going to give up breastfeeding?  Nursing Sammy is painful (not in the ouch this really hurts kind of way (well sort of but it is not terrible), but painful in the he is driving me crazy kind of way)…he is a terrible eater…honestly; I don’t think it matters…breast or bottle…this kid hasn’t met a nipple he liked!  Obviously, he eats…but it is a long, painful process…sigh.  So, I am really wrestling with continuing to breastfeed…my goal is nine months…so I am so close, but I don’t think I can do it for another month and pumping sounds super fun…ugh.  I wish I had this same perseverance when it came to working out…I would look like Heidi Klum.  I know I will make it to nine months…baby steps…also, if I quit now, my ladies will disappear (like seriously disappear…and look uglier than ever…gives me nightmares) and that would make me sad…I know, it is sad…I breastfeed to have boobs (true story).  One day at a time!


No comments: