Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hard to Believe...

That this little baby started preschool last week...



Or, should I say this divo started preschool this last week...


It is true, Hugh started preschool last week.  He is only going two days a week through May.  Honestly, I never would have thought he would be in preschool - preschool was not going to be our thing, but I was wrong.  Hugh has such a desire to be social (just doesn't quite know how), so I figured why not expose him to more opportunities (better than the idea of having ten children so he can have lots of friends).  The first few times I picked him up, I noticed him watching the other kids with a look of horror - the other kids were normally acting like some type of wild animal, but today, he was smiling...warm my heart.  Cheers to Hugh acting like a wild animal soon!  He says he is enjoying it, but doesn't have any friends (you can actually hear my heart breaking and I might have teared up driving home)...he doesn't seem to care about the lack of friends, so why should I.


Hard to believe we have a preschooler.  This always felt like it would be forever away...never thought forever would arrive so quickly.


I love this boy with a deep love - he is smart, funny, kind, helpful, silly, painfully (PAINFULLY) shy, and just an awesome kid.  I pray God tempers my heart in how I shepherd him daily - I FAIL so miserably at times.  Thank you, Lord, for blessing us with this rad little boy!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

As someone who was painfully shy growing up, I'd just like to encourage you- Hugh has love and security at home, he will grow out of his shyness in his own time. I myself had two friends (the same two) from preschool until 6th grade and then I had a third friend. I finally came into my own skin in high school, so don't despair if it takes a while! The fact that Hugh can go to preschool without falling apart puts him light years ahead of me at that age. It is so hard to watch our kids in those new situations though isn't it? Mama-Bear Mode is no joke. :-)

Amy Gerak said...

Love this guy and the gentle, sensivitve soul God has given him. He is a keeper. :)