Friday, December 6, 2013

Waiting...


Mr. Max is three weeks old! Hard to believe it has been three weeks, but it also seems like it has been forever - I think things always seem longer when you lose a ridiculous amount of sleep each week. He seems to be figuring out this crazy life with our family...I am sure he misses the womb like I miss my waistline, but life goes on and it isn't always perfect. I am still figuring out this crazy family (and I won't get a true taste of my new crazy reality until after Christmas when all my help is gone!).


So, what did week three bring for little Max? Well, he is growing - not a whole ton (he is now 7lbs. 2oz.), but we don't make fat babies...we keep all the fat for ourselves. I still feel like breast feeding is going well - I have zero desire to breast feed in public...because I am going to look like a crazy fool...all in good time. He is still a super slow eater and gets super sleepy (just eat and be done already!!!)...praying for some efficiency this next week. My ladies are surviving...but not fully recovered from all the trauma they have to endure. Sadly, I have this ridiculously painful letdown - it is horrible. This breast feeding gig does not come naturally to me (it is for the birds)...not for one second, sadly...not even the fourth time around...even sadder. I am waiting to see if Max will show some signs of colic this next week since now we have reached the third week...the dreaded colic week. He definitely has some gas pains, but the drops seem to be helping (honestly, I am sure some of my food choices are hurting him...but changing my diet seems like the most daunting thing in the world (yes, I am super dramatic) so, not going to happen at this moment). He definitely has his moments when he just wants to eat.all.the.time...it is draining...he is not my only baby. So, he gets a bottle at times to help with his frenzy and I don't worry about it. I am using all sorts of oils on this baby...assuming it is fine...the oils are heavily diluted with coconut oil (side note - coconut oil is amazing). Yes, I am a believer in the oils...why not? (We have been using oils so much that Sam goes and lays down every night in anticipation of the oils...too funny.)


Max has been sleeping decently - however, he prefers to securely fall asleep in your arms and then he can be put down...he likes to be held (he is no dummy). I like to hold him...just harder when you have a bunch of monkeys running around. Some nights have been rough - switching those days and nights and wanting to cluster feed all.night.long...those nights are hard...really hard...and weigh heavy on my sanity (and it makes me want to list him for sale on eBay...kidding...well, maybe not). Thankful (Jake is more thankful) we have two sets of bunk beds now since Jake is shacking up with the big boys...Max still shares a room with us since Sam still sleeps in Max's room...what a mess. We are hoping to move Sam this week. I am ready for Max to be in his own room...however, I am not sure it will be a successful move since he is use to sleeping with me. Yes, I know it isn't a good idea...but you know what, Max sleeps and I sleep...seems like a win win at this moment...ask me again when he is twelve and still sleeping with me. My gut tells me his evenings are going to be tough...just like his brothers...I know he'll grow out of it in time. He looks like Jake - so, one of out of four looking me isn't too bad.  I personally think Max is going to look a lot like Hugh with a darker complexion and brown eyes...time will tell (Hugh would love this - he REALLY wants someone else in the house to have brown eyes). His circ is healing - nothing has caused me quite the anxiety as this circ...ugh. I just want it to heal. He hates getting his diaper changed and getting his clothes changed still...pretty sure this isn't changing any time soon. I just realized that he hasn't had any tummy time yet - honestly, he never gets put down when he is awake. Our living space is not the greatest to put him down and then his brothers are so crazy (and his Gramma is so clumsy...did I mention she broke her arm last week?!?), that I am afraid someone will crush him. Probably need to start working on some tummy time. He sleeps in the rock and play sleeper most of the time (I am a believer in the rock and play sleeper this time around). He is not a fan of the swing...sad. He rocked the Moby wrap this week - and I didn't sweat like a pig at prom this time around...thankful for some cold weather...I am normally a hot, sweaty mess in that Moby wrap that I can barely handle it. He seems to be into the Soothie "paci" (not "nuky" like Sammy has - trying to make these two very separate in Sammy's mind). He still gets locked up in his Woombie to sleep - seems to be fine with it...and it is always fun explaining the Woombie to a Swiss person. He had his first real outing this week - ventured to the store with him...made me realized that shopping with four kids is never ever (ever, ever, ever, ever, ever...) going to happen. I guess I am not quite ready to embrace this crazy life (had a little taste of it this week when my mom was at a doctor appointment...crazy doesn't even begin to describe it). Life would be boring if it wasn't pure crazy all the time (at least that is what I tell myself...to keep my sanity!)!


I am tired...like really tired. Like the tired you feel in your bones...and you start slurring your speech (and I am not really drunk...maybe just a little drunk...kidding...remember, no sleep...I am tired and crazy).  I am pretty sure a nervous breakdown is just around the corner (Jake loves those since he is always on the receiving end). I keep reminding myself that this is just a season and a quick season...and my strength comes from the Lord...not my sleep (but sleep sure is nice and I would LOVE for it to return at some point)...and I really do want to enjoy this season. A couple things I have learned with my fourth baby...we don't bathe him and I have yet to bust out the DSLR camera at home...he is an Instagram baby (that is sad...I need to start taking some real pics). I am really (really, really) trying to take each day as it comes...one day at a time (AA words to live by) and not think about when my mom leaves or when Jake starts traveling again...just take one.day.at.a.time. So, here is to today...bring it.


4 comments:

Christa said...

I told you the rock and play sleeper was awesome! Glad he's sleeping in it. Hang in there, we are praying for you!! Love you and miss you!

Amy Gerak said...

Hang in there, Jenn. Praying for you all and missing you!! You are rocking it-- one day at a time, sweet Jesus! Love to you, Amy :)

Kimberly Dee said...

It sure is a good thing we all thrive on chaos! Quite the adventure! :)

Kimberly Dee said...

Oh... and I'm with you on the pics. After moving last week, I found our nice DSLR camera and realized it's been on a shelf for over a year. It almost seems like an antique now with all the iPhones in our house.