Sunday, May 11, 2014

Getting Back to Normal...


Maxime is twenty-five weeks!!! Yay!  And, I am almost back to a normal blogging routine.  This last week has been all about trying to get back to a normal routine.  It has not been easy, that is for sure.  However, I think we are all back to normal...or, at least very close to normal.  Max seems to sleeping through the night again (praise the Lord!) - he is still getting up a little too early some days for me, but I am managing.  Honestly, Sam was the bigger issue for us for this past week - he would be awake for hours in the night.  He seems to be back to normal now as well...but he did get the boot from his big brothers' room, which was really sad.  However, Sam is now sleeping later...and that is nice...real nice.  Max is still struggling with his naps, but I bet he would be struggling with his naps anyway...he is at that age.  It took Max nearly three weeks to get into a normal routine when we were in Phoenix, so I cannot expect a miracle in a week.  I am just glad to be getting back to some type of normal...this type A Mama needs that routine!


So, what did week twenty-five bring for Maxime?  It brought back some night time sleep, which is fantastic.  It has been a long time since Max has been in a normal sleeping routine.  And, I love myself some sleep.  When my sleep gets hijacked, I can become a little (or maybe a lot) crazy.  So, I am glad to be getting some sleep back.  We tried to remove the Woombie this week...that was a massive failure...massive.  He was spittin' mad, and then I put him back in the Woombie and back to sleep he went.  Uh-oh.  Even I am ready for him to be out of the Woombie...just one of the many sleep crutches this baby has...we'll keep trying.  However, they do make super large Woombies for like two year-olds...just something to think about.  I am also in the bad cycle of nursing this baby to sleep and once I try to stop nursing him, he wakes up in a panic and starts screaming.  I did let him cry this week during naps and he did actually fall asleep after crying for a bit.  It was heartbreaking, but I can see myself doing it again...I just need for him to get on some type of normal sleep routine again.  And, I do wish he wouldn't depend on eating to sleep...I am the one guilty of doing this to him...ugh.  He has been getting a lot more formula as well this week.  He seems like he is starving and would nurse all day, which is exhausting.  My patience with nursing is short, which I know isn't good.  Honestly, I really don't mind nursing him...when I have nothing else to do or no other children to worry about (Sam is normally plotting to burn down the house)...that doesn't happen very often. 


 We are going to start him on solids in the next week or so, so maybe that will help curb his starvation issues...we all know I don't really believe this since I think solids are a waste at this age, but I am going to pull the trigger anyway.  I know, I am such a downer.  I have realized that I will be spending most of my church Sundays outside nursing my sweet baby.  I tried to nurse him during church and I am reminded why I shouldn't...he sounds like he is drinking a Big Gulp and then choking on it...not your quietest eater.  I haven't really seen him roll any more...honestly, there is a part of me that is a bit worried that he doesn't really roll yet.  I know I shouldn't worry about it at all, but it is that crazy mom in me.  He still loves to bite and suck on his fingers - I know this time around that teeth are not coming any time soon, but he'll be biting and drooling like crazy for months to come!  I have been laying out some toys for him during tummy time, but he still shows no interest and gets so defeated during tummy time (or, rolls over)...it is a little sad.  I know one day he'll be running around like crazy and getting into everything and I'll think to myself, "why was I ever worried about this crazy, little boy?!?"  I am crazy...oh, well.  Max loves to stand up and still always acts super tough whenever he does it - it is so cute.  He has been watching his brothers a lot more and I know he is planning out the days when he'll run free with them...it will all come too soon.  He has been super vocal this week - complaining most of the time...he wants more sleep as well.  Even with all the complaining, he is still giving lots of smiles and giggles.  Oh, we LOVE this baby boy!!!  Love, love, love him!!! 

 

Despite the hiccups this week in our schedule, Max is still such a sweet boy.  He is always desperately trying to get my attention - he just wants a look and then he'll give the biggest smile even if he is having a hard day.  The looks he gives me melt my heart.  Seriously.  They are being etched in my mind.  I don't want to miss this.  I wish I could go back to when the other boys were little babies and etch their sweet smiles into my brain. I am thankful for pictures, but I wish I could just remember it all.  I need to slow down...hit the pause button and relax.  I just always feel the need to have everything done right...all the time...on my exact time schedule.  It is exhausting...for reals.  It is just hard to keep up with everything...to keep up with life.  I pray I can focus on the things that really matter and give myself grace on the things that can wait until tomorrow.  I am thankful God has me right where He wants me.  I am so incredibly blessed to be where I am...the mother of four amazing, little boys...I pray I never lose sight of what an amazing gift I have been given to be called "Mama".

    

1 comment:

Amy Gerak said...

So glad you are getting back to your normal (as normal as it can ever be!) and happy Mom's Day to you, too!! You are an amazing mama!! :)